Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheMmgs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I've had this problem ever since I've owned the machine and usually it's a minor inconvenience, though today it somehow launched the ball into the glass eep! Basically sometimes the ball will eject from the trough, bounce off the side and back into the trough. I'm trying to find ways to avoid that. A weaker coil I would expect might do the trick? I do have some mylar where the ball hits the side which might be making things worse (but wanted to minimize the already notable dent in the side) and I was thinking instead of placing some thin neoprene there, but wanted to get thoughts before I modded my machine any further.

#2 1 year ago

The plunger that pushes the ball out is most likely worn and needs replacement.

#3 1 year ago

Ah ok, thanks! That gave me some food for thought. I busted out the manual (page 2-19) and am having a bit of trouble finding which part(s) I may want to replace. I see there's a damper at the top (part 23-6702). Feeling around my launcher, it still feels springy, albeit sticky and kinda gross so I'm gonna go ahead and clean up but also add that to my next round of part purchases. It feels like there's some damper-like material on the plunger itself but I don't see a part number for that - thoughts on what that might be?

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from m00dawg:

Ah ok, thanks! That gave me some food for thought. I busted out the manual (page 2-19) and am having a bit of trouble finding which part(s) I may want to replace. I see there's a damper at the top (part 23-6702). Feeling around my launcher, it still feels springy, albeit sticky and kinda gross so I'm gonna go ahead and clean up but also add that to my next round of part purchases. It feels like there's some damper-like material on the plunger itself but I don't see a part number for that - thoughts on what that might be?

It's the entire plunger that I would look at. Should be called a bell armature or something similar, a-6306-2.

The blue rubber can be removed and cleaned.

#5 1 year ago

And could you fix it?

Sometimes seeing comparable issue on different pinball machines, but always thought it depends on speed vector of the ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/balls-bouncing-out-of-shooter-lane-of-sttng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.