• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by gamera9
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Balls-a-Popping help needed.
I would appreciate any help or suggestions that anyone has. I'm working on a 1956 Bally Balls-a-Poppin
The game does not advance the player stepper unit when the ball drains. The player stepper and ball counter are a single spider.

Instead it immediately kicks the ball back into the shooter lane. No "end-of-ball" sequence appears to operate (I would assume the wild ball count is reset and other things happen) but nothing happens when the ball drains except it gets kicked back into the shooter later.

When the start button is pressed, the game resets, including the player stepper unit, but the player/ball stepper unit never advances during game play

Checked all switches and coils and still stumped...

#2 4 years ago

Nice, I love this game!! One of the coolest woodrails they made, with those bonus balls it gets insane!

#3 4 years ago

I haven't gone through the B-a-P yet, but might have some info that will help.
The "Player Step Up" energizes from Score Motor switch 5B (N.O. normally open),
A set of switches in the 1st Coin Relay (N.C. normally closed), and a set of switches
in the Ball Count Relay (N.O.).
The "Ball Count Relay" energizes from a set of switches in the Game Complete Trip Relay
(N.C.), and the Ball Count Rollover switch (I'm sure in the ball return trough).
Once the Ball Count Relay energizes, it remains energized from a N.O. set of switches in
the Ball Count Relay, and a N.C. set of switches in the Score Motor 6A

#4 4 years ago

Good luck with the restore. Such a fun game.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/balls-a-poppin-restoration?hl=mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.