(Topic ID: 212829)

Ballbaron experience

By Pickle

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    13BBCBA9-2260-4EA9-B5BF-5CB0712508C8 (resized).jpeg
    6FE37539-9AF2-4FE1-B577-22F8561475B2 (resized).jpeg

#1 6 years ago

So while I was at TPF I see Ballbaron is having a discount since they could not attend TPF. I needed some new balls so a great time to buy. I have games that need both shiny chrome with no magnets and some with magnets. Price is great so have to admit that. I checked the online store and saw that if you order 26 or more they come oiled which I like for preserving the new balls. I ordered 26 of the shiny chrome balls and 26 of the regular. See the pics of how they arrived I have 2 bags that both ripped and a box of mixed balls....go figure. They look the same in my opinion so visually no way to be sure which is which. Some bigger bags probably would not have ripped and I wouldn’t be making this post. I am not here to say don’t buy from Ballbaron by any means...we need good suppliers of pinballs and they seem to fill that void. But if they see this maybe in the future they can simply package orders in slightly larger bags so they don’t rip. I am now left with about 30 balls I have no clue if they are chrome or standard carbon. It makes a difference which game I put them in and to others that need both types. Just some feed back. Maybe the other option is to just make 2 different orders about a week or so apart so if the bag rips they won’t get mixed. Pain in the ass to do multiple orders but will do that in the future I guess to avoid this in the future.

6FE37539-9AF2-4FE1-B577-22F8561475B2 (resized).jpeg6FE37539-9AF2-4FE1-B577-22F8561475B2 (resized).jpeg

13BBCBA9-2260-4EA9-B5BF-5CB0712508C8 (resized).jpeg13BBCBA9-2260-4EA9-B5BF-5CB0712508C8 (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

That's unfortunate.

#3 6 years ago

Chrome steel is 2% more dense than carbon steel. Weigh them. Assuming they are manufactured to a size tolerance better than that.

#4 6 years ago

Did you contact ball baron about this issue?

#5 6 years ago

Have a magnet? Use that to tell which is which. But the shipping is a damn shame. You're right to be a bit upset.

#6 6 years ago

The glove will likely be with the ninja chrome balls. The normal are definitely more dull under light.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

If you can't really tell the difference between the shiny ones and the regular ones, then you wasted a lot of money on ninjas.

#8 6 years ago

Contact David directly, call him he answers his phone. I had an issue (not the same as this) and he gladly said he would exchange the balls for free. He also sent me some samples for free. I will continue to buy and support him. I think if you call him and tell him about this he will take care of you. He told me he rarely, if ever, visits this forum. It’s unlikely he will ever see this unless you let him know.

#9 6 years ago

Anyone know why he won't ship to Georgia (USA)?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ballbaron-experience and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.