(Topic ID: 245809)

Ballast replacement in Viper Night Drivin'

By ruzeo

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ruzeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hey Everybody,

I recently picked up a Viper Night Drivin' and can not get the black lights to power on. The bulbs were all blown out when I bought it and the 2amp cabinet fuse was blown as well. I replaced all 3 bulbs and fuse and tried to turn them on in the test mode and 1 quickly flickered on and off and I turned the machine off took the bulb out and it was blown as well. I bought 3 starters same time I bought the bulbs but they have not come yet but I knew one starter worked and that was the bulb the flickered quick.

I am guessing I have a bad ballast and was wondering which one people would recommend to replace the current one in the machine. Should I get a magnetic one just for easier wiring or should I go with an electronic ballast like this one. Any other ideas on what it could be besides ballast as well are greatly appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/Fulham-SC-120-113-CFL-Pony-Ballast/dp/B001P25E44/ref=pd_cp_328_2

Thanks,
Mark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ruzeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ballast-replacement-in-viper-night-drivin-?tu=ruzeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.