(Topic ID: 300873)

Ballarama Pinball co.

By Morgoth00

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

77bfd72bbac7d0751c0ef31a2bfc7f26 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-10-20 at 12.37.50 pm (resized).png
    Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 5.52.21 AM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 5.52.31 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 9.33.35 PM (resized).png
    Multi Aspect Arcade Game Device 5 (resized).png
    Multi Aspect Arcade Game Device 4 (resized).png
    Multi Aspect Arcade Game Device 2 (resized).png
    Multi Aspect Arcade Game Device 3 (resized).png
    Multi Aspect Arcade Game Device 1 (resized).png
    Multi-Facted Arcade Game Device 1 (resized).png
    Multi-Faceted Arcade Game Device 2 (resized).png
    Multi-Faceted Arcade Device 3 (resized).png
    Multi-Faceted Arcade Device 4 (resized).png
    Multi-Faceted Arcade Device 5 (resized).png
    286877687_767868364558805_409279996886255793_n (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#339 2 years ago

Is there something about pinball that makes this community especially ripe for being ripped off?

#341 2 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Lots of deep pocket collectors who are sometimes blinded by their dislike of existing manufacturers and/or unfamiliar with the amount of work that goes into designing and building a game. And there are speculators who hope to get a bargain on the next Big Bang Bar.

Good points. It was hard to believe one of that dr guys ended up in the Haggis thread, with a pre order.

1 week later
    #363 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

They think 95 people are interested in ordering a game based on a feature list saying it’ll have flippers and pinballs and a cabinet and head? No clue what theme.. no idea what it will look like… uh huh. Ballarama please go see the RAZA thread. Less than 100 orders with known theme, layout,art, and a known designer (for better or worse) + at the time, supposedly unlimited funds to get these amazing games out.

Trust me, when some of those deeproot peeps get ahold of this thread, they will put money down ASAP!

#367 2 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

Pretty sure that is the same website, nothing exciting at all - would not know it was about pinball really - has no pinball soul.
    They may have started a whitewood as Grant would of got on to that but I reckon Ian is one of these types that since he has patents in place we won't see a thing until they are locked in as he sounds very cautious and protective which is fine. I reckon the excuse of the process of patents changing is BS - I reckon some chat here and then he did some research he has probably realised some things are not as original as he thought so he has had to go back to the drawing board and re-submit which only extends the time until reveal - lucky to be this year. Given these delays on just releasing the kickstarter and showing us images shows that what ever he promises in build and deliver time will not happen on time.
    Originally he was going to release the kickstarter late 2021 but wanted higher facebook followers - he has doubled that since that podcast, and he stated it would be at the end of March / early April 2022 but no show.... yet

I reckon, you are right!

#375 2 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

“Innovation is cool but that’s not enough if a game doesn’t play well. How does it feel? Our pinball games are fast, precise, organised and with rulesets that include tantalisingly obscure top level goals. Once you’ve played you won’t want to stop.”
    This should be rewritten:
    Innovation is cool, but that’s not enough. It needs words to go with it, lots of them, amazingly long, like scrumptious, slickalistic, butterlicious, fantasmagorical. Written in awesome colors no less ! See, nothing is ordinary about Ballarama. And these aren't just any words and colors. Natalie painstakingly tested them with our 10,000 followers so we knew we got them 100% right. And once you read those words and see those colors you know you just have to have it, don’t you ?

And suckers, they need suckers, and pinball is not in short supply apparently.

1 week later
    2 weeks later
    #388 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Feels like Ballarama is blowing a golden opportunity to own the moment as the #1 fake pinball company with deeproot in recent news lull.

Not quite sure where Haggis is on this either. A very confusing thread. Are games being delivered, are the not!?!?

#390 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Let's not bring Haggis into the conversation. They're totally different than the Ballarama and deeproots of the world. They're struggling yet making progress vs never having a chance.

I'm just noting the similarities that's it. Missed timelines, lack of communication. . Those seem to be pretty good indicators that things aren't going well.

You have to admit something is weird about that thread, some game was shipped two weeks ago, but no one has seen it yet...

#392 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Meh, meh, and meh.
    I agree things aren’t sunshine and rainbows over there, but they do actually deliver games to customers (however slowly). They may go out of business. I don’t know. But it’s not a comical trainwreck where it should be obvious to anyone with common sense that it’s a disaster.
    My guess is they’re just facing the same sort of chip and part shortages, and very long shipping times like everyone else.
    I think they can pull out of it if they stick it through

Cool, wasn't necessarily lumping them in there and have nothing against Haggis. If games are being delivered that's cool.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ballarama-co?tu=Roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.