You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15836292928436260167603610420459 (resized).jpg
8D047F2B-0073-4716-A8B9-050EE850E337 (resized).png
VolleyBallReturn (resized).jpg
VolleyOutholeTest (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldenboy232.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

First make sure the switch is clean and closing. Is the O Relay firing? That’s the ball return relay. Make sure those switches are gapped and closing correctly.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from wesley:

Here is what's happening. When I trigger the O relay, the ball eject coil won't fire. But if i "hold" the O relay in the ball eject coil will fire. Could one of the switches in the O relay be out of whack?

Is there a score motor switch on the path that fires the O relay. It sounds like it also could be that there’s a switch opening too soon, which is preventing O from firing and, in turn, preventing the coil from firing. The fact you can hold it in a little longer and then it fires could be that you’re holding it long enough for the motor switch to get to a closed position, but that it’s not able to with a normal pulse.

But don’t go chasing it. Make sure you’re looking at the schematic and know which switch to inspect. Don’t wanna start causing other problems by adjusting score motor switches that don’t need adjusting.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from DaMoib:

Is the motor spinning BEFORE you activate the outhole switch?

He’s asking if the score reels are resetting to zero correctly? If not, the score motor will continue spinning and the game won’t get to trying to kick out the ball yet. Are the reels at zero?

#32 4 years ago

Wesley, if you open the back door of the game and look at the score reels, do you know how to take a score reel out of the head? If you look at the bottom of each score reel, on the left side, there’s a little white plastic tab that you gently push to the left and then it enables you to slide the reel towards you and out of the game. Then on the side of the real, sticking through the metal plate, there should be a little white plastic tab that is barely sticking out. If you slide that towards you it will manually move the real one step. You can do this on each of the four wheels to manually step them all to zero.

This won’t solve the problem of why the reels are not resetting, but it will enable you to simulate them all being at zero and see if the game will reset that way. You still need to figure out the bigger problem, which as stated above, is your main problem. Because the game will never work until the reels reset to zero on their own.

You can read about how to adjust score reel switches, if that ends up being the problem, on Clay’s website. Let us know if you don’t have the link to that and we can send it to you.

#33 4 years ago

I should add, do not start messing with the score reel switches until you know what you’re doing. You’ll cause more problems. But just wanted to see if you could reset the reels to zero manually (You won’t mess anything up by trying this) because that may show you that there’s no problem elsewhere in the game, it’s possible it’s just the issue of getting the reels to reset.

If you do eventually need to adjust the score wheel switches, we can talk you through that.

#35 4 years ago

A schematic would help. It’s hard to know unless we can see if there’s a switch on Q that’s in the path to O.

#38 4 years ago

I just realized another pinsider posted that part of the schematic above. Basically, if you can find the make/break switch on the AX relay with the red wire, it looks like that would be the one in question.

Be sure to read the post in your other thread referencing the video showing how to adjust AX relay. Those switch gaps are small and are very sensitive to adjustment.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from wesley:

The red wire on the Ax relay...will give it a try. Will get back to all of you tonight. Have to go to work now. 8 hours at FedEx.

Keep in mind, it’s not certain the AX is the problem, just saying that if there’s a switch in question, that would be the logical on on THAT relay.

It seems odd that Q would be the problem since I don’t see Q in the path to O, above. As mentioned above, the reels resetting properly to zero is the first issue and trying to fix anything else is a waste of time because it’s “downstream” from the reels resetting. IF the reels are able to reset on their own to zero, and the ball still doesn’t kick out, then that “O” path is the next thing to diagnose.

#51 4 years ago
Quoted from wesley:

To all. Why am I not getting power to the O relay, which in turn triggers the ball eject coil ?

Ok please slow down and look at this again, which was posted in the second thread you started on this game.

Let’s start with step one. When you turn the game on and press start, does the S relay pull in and stay energized? ONLY answer that question.
8D047F2B-0073-4716-A8B9-050EE850E337 (resized).png8D047F2B-0073-4716-A8B9-050EE850E337 (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldenboy232.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-won-t-eject-on-my-volley?tu=goldenboy232 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.