(Topic ID: 168256)

Ball trough issue on JD tech help

By stephenshane237

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Ok so just finished a restoration on a JD and I have some multiball issues. I have replaced both opto boards with GLM boards, also switch test works fine and there is no divots in the ball trough. So here is what is happening on a multiball and will end the game with balls still in play like they have all got drained also if the ball comes down through the center it will cause 2 balls to stack up under the kicker thus firing 2 balls. Any ideas guys ?

#2 7 years ago

Do you have the dead world mod? This is a common problem if when the arm picks up the ball from the dead world and drops it before it goes through the opto at the end of arm travel. The game loses track of how many balls are on the table and ends while there is still a ball in play. Good luck.

#3 7 years ago

I do have the deadworld mod, are you talking about the opto on the ramp that the ball drops though ? or the arm stop opto ?

#4 7 years ago

I do have a flickering open/closed opto on the deadworld but I think that is normal.

#5 7 years ago

Watch the crane drop the balls during multiball. Don't try to play, just watch the crane arm drop the balls. If you notice that one (or more) of the balls are not being dropped in the proper place (so that they pass through the opto), then that's your problem. I had the same issue.

#6 7 years ago

got it will give that a look tonight maybe that's my problem.

Thanks,

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-trough-issue-on-jd-tech-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.