Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

iphone 776.JPG
iphone 775.JPG
iphone 774.JPG
iphone 772.JPG
iphone 763.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I've tried Novus 1. But is there any good solution for removing ball trails on plastic ramps?

#2 9 years ago

Try Novus 2, if that doesn't do it then try Novus 3. If you use Novus 3, use Novus 2 afterwards.

#3 9 years ago

Not really . Novus 1 & 2 are about it. On my old Midway pinball Novus 2 worked OK . But my 15 to 20 year old pinball machines the plastic ramps are very used. On my NIB STERN I hate that STERN Put inserts and words under a plastic ramp. Like IRON MAN or X-MEN . Shit design . You can expect the wear / trails . SPIDER MAN is the only STERN I have that used full decals under the ramps. I do not know nor am inclined to tear apart all my Ramps but . Flame polishing is suppose to work. BlackRose made a video

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Try Novus 2, if that doesn't do it then try Novus 3. If you use Novus 3, use Novus 2 afterwards.

If there is a decal maybe . But if it is just clear plastic . Novus 3 will leave micro scratch's . Bad Idea .

#5 9 years ago

Wont Novus 2 scratch see through plastic ramps?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from huo:

I haven't had that problem. Try Novus 2.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from huo:

It is possible on a very clear ramp. I got all anal about cleaning X-Men The Ice Man Ramp . Clean micro fiber cloth blow off dust with compressed air . Then use Novus 1 . Then Novus 2 . Cleaned up the trail some but did leave micro scratches that I could see . F*** it . If you have a pinball trail on a clear ramp and you want to mellow it out . Just use Novus 1 followed by Novus 2 . It is the best and while not perfect I see no other options . Hoping plastic ramps are used with a full decal in the future . Peace

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

If there is a decal maybe . But if it is just clear plastic . Novus 3 will leave micro scratch's . Bad Idea .

That would be why my post explicitly said to use Novus 2 after using Novus 3.

Quoted from huo:

I usually flame polish after using Novus 2, but to be honest I have never noticed any micro-scratches, I just like the flame polish finish. If you do have scratches after Novus 2 then either flame polish or go to a finishing polish.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

That would be why my post explicitly said to use Novus 2 after using Novus 3.

Well I have never used Novus 3 period so I suppose I do not know everything . If it worked great !!

#10 9 years ago

Id love to see someone flame polish in person.

#11 9 years ago

Flame polishing is easy Peasy!!!

Just go fast and if it doesn't dissapear wave it over again.

Ck

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

It is possible on a very clear ramp. I got all anal about cleaning X-Men The Ice Man Ramp . Clean micro fiber cloth blow off dust with compressed air . Then use Novus 1 . Then Novus 2 . Cleaned up the trail some but did leave micro scratches that I could see . F*** it . If you have a pinball trail on a clear ramp and you want to mellow it out . Just use Novus 1 followed by Novus 2 . It is the best and while not perfect I see no other options . Hoping plastic ramps are used with a full decal in the future . Peace

Uhm, your problem is you are using them backwards. 2 is more abrasive than 1. You should use 2 and then follow it up with 1 as 1 will clean up the scratches of 2. 3 is the most abrasive.

#13 9 years ago

This is why you might want to apply mylar to the floor (and sides that redirect) of ramps at first set-up. Let the mylar take the abuse and then replace it when you're ready. The ramps never get abraded.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Uhm, your problem is you are using them backwards. 2 is more abrasive than 1. You should use 2 and then follow it up with 1 as 1 will clean up the scratches of 2. 3 is the most abrasive.

No offence but I absolutely have no problem . The example I gave above was for a HOU X-Men I purchased . No heavy dirt or grime on ramp . You need to get the dust and light residue off first before you grind it in to the plastic rubbing Novus 2 all over the place . Buy the way on a positive note . You have a nice collection .

#15 9 years ago

Fair enough. In your post it sounded like you were frustrated with the tiny scratches thus my post.

#16 9 years ago

i used magic eraser as an abrasive media and 99% alcohol to clean then i flame polished mine , was quite easy actually.
first pic is the butane pen i use with no tip, then ramp as they came off, after ME and alcohol, then 1st fame , then final flame.
take your time. you can always go back and hit a spot again, i did that spot about 4 times, ME, then flame, then ME and flame until the trails are gone,but if you over due it, your buying new ramps.

iphone 763.JPGiphone 763.JPG iphone 772.JPGiphone 772.JPG iphone 774.JPGiphone 774.JPG iphone 775.JPGiphone 775.JPG iphone 776.JPGiphone 776.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-trails-on-tron-plastic-ramps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.