(Topic ID: 294634)

Ball stuck on Eight Ball Deluxe drop targets

By fb_rider

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frenchmarky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 2 years ago

I have an original 81 model and the ball has never once gotten stuck between the downed targets since I've owned it for 30+ years. And I don't see any finger guards on it. You say the targets look as if they are sitting too low. On mine the bottom shelf of the drop target unit is adjustable up and down via slots in the shelf where the four screws mount, so you can raise/lower the 'down' position of the targets, you might check that out on yours. If the targets are too low I can see where the ball could easily get stuck.

#7 2 years ago

If your targets really are too low and that is causing your issue, you could just remove the shelf and add a long thin shim of whatever material (metal, layers of thick tape etc.) to raise the targets. Me? I'd just lengthen the shelf holes vertically a little with a dremel so it's like the adjustable version and I'm not messing with different thicknesses of shimming and then attaching it.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

The 81 ones aren't adjustable.

If that's true then somebody must've installed a newer bank in mine, it has the slots. Or maybe the whole playfield was out of an LE that had socketed lamps, I dunno. I swapped in a new pf after I got it anyway.

#13 2 years ago

Those fingers are nice but on mine just having the targets at the right level works for me, however one chooses to do it. Yes I can purposely place the ball between two downed targets and get it to stick there but I can't remember it ever happening during play, it's a very tiny and precarious perch. Versus say a ball getting hung at the top of a pop bumper ring and having to shake it loose, not so rare. I cannot get a ball to stick between a downed target and one that's up. The tops of the targets seem to have a slight downward slant to them too which helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 179.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frenchmarky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-stuck-on-eight-ball-deluxe-drop-targets-?tu=frenchmarky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.