You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20221017_042105008 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

The ball gets stuck here.
It didn't use to.
Is that plastic cover & rubber on properly?
I could get new plastics, except I would like ivory or off-white color, and the last time I checked they only had a bright white.
I know if I raise the back legs, it will probably have enough momentum to pass through, but I'm not strong enough to deal with the leg levelers by myself...

PXL_20221017_042105008 (resized).jpgPXL_20221017_042105008 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

Assume that is a Williams Gulfstream. To ease the opening it looks as though the wireform at the top could be eased to the left and the broken plastic which has been ballooned from the rubber could be returned to its original form by carefully using a hair dryer or trimmed. Sometimes it is also possible to get some movement in post alignment.

#3 1 year ago

Turn the plastic around,broken end on the other side

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

...or replace. Sounds like Wariodolby has your solution...

#5 1 year ago

You can also use post rubbers there instead of a ring to relieve the pressure. Unless the other side is open

#6 1 year ago

You can also use an adhesive to glue the split plastic back together again.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I had this plastic switched with the one on the opposite side of the game, the crack is glued and the other piece is the same. No difference. This is one-sided, the part hanging down seems to belong on the outside edge whereas the inside edge (right side) is open.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from wayner:

Assume that is a Williams Gulfstream. To ease the opening it looks as though the wireform at the top could be eased to the left and the broken plastic which has been ballooned from the rubber could be returned to its original form by carefully using a hair dryer or trimmed. Sometimes it is also possible to get some movement in post alignment.

Thank you. Yes I've noticed that the curved metal part on the left sometimes comes loose.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Fast400:

...or replace. Sounds like Wariodolby has your solution...

Quoted from Cheddar:

You can also use post rubbers there instead of a ring to relieve the pressure. Unless the other side is open

Other side is open.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Skybug:

Other side is open.

That makes sense. Is there a switch there?

#11 1 year ago

The new rubber is fatter than older.... maybe go down a size to help thin it out. That's not great for wood screw posts though, too much force pulling in.

I'd probably see if you can move the post to the right a little. Maybe fill n drill a new hole if needed, or if the metal guide can be tweaked to the left.

As a quick hack fix you could just rip off the offending plastic part

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

That makes sense. Is there a switch there?

Just a light bulb

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from slochar:

The new rubber is fatter than older.... maybe go down a size to help thin it out. That's not great for wood screw posts though, too much force pulling in.
I'd probably see if you can move the post to the right a little. Maybe fill n drill a new hole if needed, or if the metal guide can be tweaked to the left.
As a quick hack fix you could just rip off the offending plastic part

Thank you.

#14 1 year ago

Yeah that rubber ring looks fatter than normal. Maybe a size smaller and a ring on each post instead or a loop around both if it's not already like that.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Yeah that rubber ring looks fatter than normal. Maybe a size smaller and a ring on each post instead or a loop around both if it's not already like that.

It needs the full rubber to protect the bulb.

If it were me, I'd try a lane guide with both sides and change to having a post rubber on each like you suggested. But, that may cause the lane guide to get cracked on the side closest to the bumper, so it's a crapshoot.

#16 1 year ago

Your ball looks like it needs to be replaced.

#17 1 year ago

I had the exact same problem on my Gulfstream when I restored it. Bottom line, it came down to the post holes stripping out over time. I filled the holes and moved the post over about 1/16”. Have not had any issues in 6 years.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikala:

I had the exact same problem on my Gulfstream when I restored it. Bottom line, it came down to the post holes stripping out over time. I filled the holes and moved the post over about 1/16”. Have not had any issues in 6 years.

Yep, mine's a Gulfstream. Thank you!

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

Your ball looks like it needs to be replaced.

The ball is fairly new, might have some wax flecks on it, I'll double check, thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Salem, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-stuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.