(Topic ID: 279688)

Ball saver and 3X (Fixed)

By TastyBlack

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tastyblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Got a couple issues with my Big Guns pin I could use some troubleshooting help with.
1. Ball saver is randomly popping up and down during play (not lit). When hitting the Green W/L at top it does light up and act normal. Will go back to random popping up and down after though. //Possible the AE-26-1200 Coil is bad? maybe the contact is needing cleaning? Spring?

2. While playing, 3X light is always flashing. When in Attract mode it's Not flashing odd, acting normal.

I'm very new with Pins but I like fixing things and hands on work so any help troubleshooting these 2 issue would be most appreciated.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The flashing X shows what multiplier is needed to light EB.

Oh, ok so that's supposed to happen. Thanks so much for that info.

Still could use some troubleshooting help with the popping up/down ball saver. If it helps I have noticed it's gotten worse over time, popping up and down randomly a lot more frequently now.

#6 3 years ago

Fixed.

Turns out it was the spring that holds it into place when it's down was old, losing it's pull strength. I just tightened that spring up and it's working 100% now.

Thanks to everyone for your ideas on this. This is a great community and I'm glad to be part of it.
Eat. Sleep. Pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tastyblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-saver-and-3x?tu=tastyblack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.