New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 279688)

Ball saver and 3X (Fixed)

By TastyBlack

3 days ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by TastyBlack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 days ago

Got a couple issues with my Big Guns pin I could use some troubleshooting help with.
1. Ball saver is randomly popping up and down during play (not lit). When hitting the Green W/L at top it does light up and act normal. Will go back to random popping up and down after though. //Possible the AE-26-1200 Coil is bad? maybe the contact is needing cleaning? Spring?

2. While playing, 3X light is always flashing. When in Attract mode it's Not flashing odd, acting normal.

I'm very new with Pins but I like fixing things and hands on work so any help troubleshooting these 2 issue would be most appreciated.

#2 3 days ago

The flashing X shows what multiplier is needed to light EB.

#3 2 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The flashing X shows what multiplier is needed to light EB.

Oh, ok so that's supposed to happen. Thanks so much for that info.

Still could use some troubleshooting help with the popping up/down ball saver. If it helps I have noticed it's gotten worse over time, popping up and down randomly a lot more frequently now.

#4 2 days ago

go into coil test and see if any solenoids or flashers makes the shield pop up/down

#5 2 days ago

Check the switch on the ball saver popup, it might be flakey and the game is just trying to pop it down

#6 2 days ago

Fixed.

Turns out it was the spring that holds it into place when it's down was old, losing it's pull strength. I just tightened that spring up and it's working 100% now.

Thanks to everyone for your ideas on this. This is a great community and I'm glad to be part of it.
Eat. Sleep. Pinball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 17.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 22.50
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside