• Latest reply 1 year ago by timkirk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

I have a couple machines that will very occasionally release the ball from the outhole ( after draining) without advancing the ball count. Basically they will act as if there was no score and ball is being returned. I guess my question is what is it that registers that first score of a ball? My thought is that the problem probably lies there, either it’s sticking or the gap is slightly off. I know that this happens once in a while on my Williams Paddock and Strike Zone. it may have happened on Spanish Eyes too. Any thoughts?

#2 1 year ago

With Williams and Bally it’s called the ball index relay. On gottlieb machines it’s called 1st ball relay.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Jazorf:

Basically they will act as if there was no score and ball is being returned.

Does it happen when no points are scored? If so, that's the correct behavior on Williams machines.

#4 1 year ago

No, that’s why I said it acts “as if” no points are scored. It could be a record high scoring ball and then it will kick it back out. I’ll be checking the ball index relays when I get home. I’m sure it’s a very minor adjustment as it only happens once in a while.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Jazorf:

No, that’s why I said it acts “as if” no points are scored.

OK, so this is the area on Paddock you want to check, starting with that M/B on the Outhole relay. Note that some score motor sw. are involved.

Capture (resized).png
3 months later
#6 1 year ago

I saw your post when I was researching a similar Williams ball count issue. Not sure if you are experiencing the same issue as me, but it sounds like the same intermittent issue I had. Here's how I resolved mine: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-ball-count-player-count-issue-solved#post-6051476

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside