You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0238 (resized).jpg
IMG_0235 (resized).jpg
IMG_0236 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kdmpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hello all, I have a Gottlieb Cowpoke from 1965 that I received from my father back in 1995, he purchased it years earlier around Eau Claire, Wisconsin. It's in Dallas now. I have kept it working and it still does, however the plywood on the backglass was peeling. It's been on my list to fix for 25 years (wow) and I finally have started to fix it up by replacing the wood and painting it.

The inside is dirty so I figured I would do that as well. Small problem, how does one remove the striker tip from the ball pull? I tried to rotate it and pull but no movement. I stopped so I don't smash it up. See pics.

Any help on how to remove it?

Thank you.

IMG_0235 (resized).jpgIMG_0235 (resized).jpgIMG_0236 (resized).jpgIMG_0236 (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago

Thank for your replies, appreciate it. I decided to start sanding while waiting and I nudged the bar and it popped off. There is a plate that secures the assembly on the inside and the notch in the plate narrows to hold the bar in the machine. See pic.

I assumed it was the tip without looking further.

Hopefully this helps someone else.

IMG_0238 (resized).jpgIMG_0238 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kdmpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-pull-removal-help-gottlieb-cowpoke?tu=kdmpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.