(Topic ID: 326819)

Ball not kicking out after drain

By squirtbrnr

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider squirtbrnr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I’m having a problem with my TRON LE intermittently not kick another ball out for a ball save or a new ball. It’s getting a little more frequent and seems to happen during longer play sessions and not when I play just a couple plays. If I turn the machine off then back on it is usually fixed.

When the issue occurs, if I drain a ball, it will detect it the first time and end the ball but then not kick out another ball. Then even if I run a trough test and leave a ball in the lane I can play it but it will not detect any more drains.

I have run a ball trough test a few times and it detects all 4 positions, the ball jam/eject position, and the lane. I can eject a ball during the test and see it hit all of the switches. But when I return to play from the service menu it either will not kick out a new ball or if there is a ball in the lane and I play it, when it drains it still thinks the ball is in play and will start a lost ball search instead of ending the ball.

Not sure what to check or what could be wrong.

#3 1 year ago

Thanks! Did that and had a rather long play session with family last night and today and never had an issue. It’s weird that the connectors are so touchy that reseating them resolves the issue. I looked at a few of them before touching and they were only a millimeter or two out of position compared to fully seated.

1 month later
#5 1 year ago

I had this issue pop up again recently along with a new one where the ball in play randomly ended for no explainable reason. Like I would hit the Quorra ramp and on the way down to the flippers the flippers would die, GI go out, and the ball end animation and sounds were playing before the ball ever reached the trough. I took both the emitter and receiver opto boards out and reflowed solder on every connection. Haven’t had an issue with them since and that’s after adding roughly 100 more plays. Easiest no parts required fix I’ve done on anything electronic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider squirtbrnr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-not-kicking-out-after-drain?tu=squirtbrnr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.