• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bssbllr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

All,

Hopefully someone can help. I fired up my machine this evening and pulled back plunger and no ball came to the surface. Machine says “Balls Not Found”. Now that I am writing this out sounds like this machine is calling me out! LOL Anyway...I ran a diagnostic on the coils and the ball came to the surface and fired across the play field. Ran the test again and no ball... anyone have this issue? Balls just don’t seam to load. I can see them in the ball cradle when I open up the machine. Any ideas on how to fix?

#2 4 years ago

FYI: My machine is Metallica Premium. Has a shaker motor maybe that is causing issues?

#3 4 years ago

Visually check that all the balls required are in the trough and do the trough test to see if the balls are registering properly when they enter the trough.
Could be a switch not registering properly or an opto not working right...

#4 4 years ago

Sometimes balls can get magnetized if the machine has magnets, which could cause the balls to not roll down in trough. I had to add a plastic insert they sell and have had no troubles. Mine is a DH so older, as well I did dremmel the trough divots as well but yours probably wouldn’t need all that. Ordering new balls could be a good idea I believe they sell a better ball that claims not to get magnetized.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Sometimes balls can get magnetized if the machine has magnets, which could cause the balls to not roll down in trough. I had to add a plastic insert they sell and have had no troubles. Mine is a DH so older, as well I did dremmel the trough divots as well but yours probably wouldn’t need all that. Ordering new balls could be a good idea I believe they sell a better ball that claims not to get magnetized.

I checked the machine all balls are accounted for. Appears to be an issue with the trough up kicker... It tries to push the ball but doesn't seam to have the power.

#6 4 years ago

I found the issue boys!! Evidently a small led light made its way down the trough and jammed the up-kicker. We are back up and running!

#7 4 years ago

Thank you guys for all of your help! Glad we have this forum.

#8 4 years ago

Good find. Let’s get back to playing some pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-not-found-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.