Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pin_Guy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

If your diverter isn't opening when the ramp shot is lit for lock, it could be one of several things...

Diverter is gummed up. Very common. Both STTNG I owned had this issue. Both were NASTY and needed to be cleaned and rebuilt with the typical expendable stuff (coil sleeves etc) to function properly.

Ramp entrance switch is intermittent or not working. If the game doesn't see that first switch, it doesn't open the diverter, IIRC.

FYI...optical switches are "normally closed." Borg Entry (swithch 48) is an opto. In switch test, stick you finger in the side of the ship. It should then show as "open" because you've cut the beam. I don't remember where "Borg Lock" is, unless it's the one under the shell where the locked ball sits to the right side of the entry. You might have to take the shell off to explore that one.

There's a crapton of optos on STTNG, and failure of one or two of them can cause a whole bunch of fun issues, and the borg lock itself for the ship only opens in specific uses, like during multiball, or after you've lit a lock but NOT collected the lock via the right orbit. I'm pretty sure once you take a right orbit lock, the borg lock is no longer available at all until that multiball is played, but it's been a while so I may not be 100% accurate on that. If all your optos work, play around with it, the rules are odd.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If I remember right (don't have a STTNG at the moment) that upper diverter is always supposed to activate to divert to the wireform return EXCEPT when you shoot for the ship. Then it's NOT going to activate to allow the ball into the ship.

Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Hitting the drop target above the pops lights lock. I just played a game to refresh my memory on the Delta lock, it was ONLY lit for the first ball lock. And was lit again during Borg multiball to score the Borg Jackpot bonus.

These are correct. You'd think they'd have designed it to only fire for the LEAST needed function, not the most, but B/W weren't half as brilliant as people remember sometimes..

#23 6 years ago

I was lucky..I had two STTNG and zero drop target/tieback issues LOL.

That said.. if you're shooting the right orbit to light the first or second lock, and the ball bounces back into the upper hole, or you biff the shot to the ramp, you'll never see the ball divert to the borg ship. AFAIK, you can ONLY lock in the ship on lock one or two (might be just the first one!?), and you always HAVE to shoot the right orbit into the subway for the third lock, and I *think* if the ball doesn't make it up into the ship, then the lock gets awarded anyways at the first switch on the ramp, which...turns off the lock.

Might be dumb but I'd also check the lamp for that insert for the left ramp.

Annoying that anyone with the game on Pinball Arcade hasn't just fired it up to verify...I'd do it but it's on my PS3, not my PS4, and I ain't paying for that garbage twice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 63.95
$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 85.00
$ 15.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-never-gets-into-the-borg-ship?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.