Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Blakeski
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

An error I have been looking into on and off for quite some time, but have been unable to resolve
Once first Ball is locked, "Ball 1 locked" is registered, but no new ball is served, and the ball is only put back into play once the game activates all coils looking for a ball stuck somewhere.

I have replaced the "Lock kickout", "Ball lock 1", and Ball lock 2" switches, which did not resolve the issue.

Any ideas on what to look at next?

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from hugozn:

An error I have been looking into on and off for quite some time, but have been unable to resolve
Once first Ball is locked, "Ball 1 locked" is registered, but no new ball is served, and the ball is only put back into play once the game activates all coils looking for a ball stuck somewhere.
I have replaced the "Lock kickout", "Ball lock 1", and Ball lock 2" switches, which did not resolve the issue.
Any ideas on what to look at next?

I'd check the ball trough.

#3 5 years ago

What shows up in your switch test?

#4 5 years ago

According to the switch test, all switches are working OK

Checking the ball trough, I can see that the "locked ball 1" is simply lying at the bottom of the Pop-up bracket, until all coils are activated by the machine and the locked ball is popped back into play.

Derived question is whether it should have rolled over to the Ball trough, or whether it staying at the bottom of the pop-up bracket is correct game behaviour?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from hugozn:

According to the switch test, all switches are working OK
Checking the ball trough, I can see that the "locked ball 1" is simply lying at the bottom of the Pop-up bracket, until all coils are activated by the machine and the locked ball is popped back into play.
Derived question is whether it should have rolled over to the Ball trough, or whether it staying at the bottom of the pop-up bracket is correct game behaviour?

I'm not sure it knows the ball is in the lock. Maybe the switch is only momentarily closing to register the ball got there. I'd put it in switch test mode and manually roll the ball into the lock and see if the switch registers and STAYS closed while the ball is in there.

1 week later
#6 5 years ago

Tested with a Ball and switch for Ball lock 1 stays closed
The requirement for the all coils shakedown to get the ball back in play, also applies when hitting “Bobs Bunker”, so I believe the Ball lock switch being the culprit can be ruled out.
I get no switch errors on testing.

Any ideal on what to check next?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from hugozn:

Tested with a Ball and switch for Ball lock 1 stays closed
The requirement for the all coils shakedown to get the ball back in play, also applies when hitting “Bobs Bunker”, so I believe the Ball lock switch being the culprit can be ruled out.
I get no switch errors on testing.
Any ideal on what to check next?

Ball trough would be the next thing to check for intermittent problems that could cause that.

#8 5 years ago

I had something similar happen, turned out to be a plastic diverter in bobs bunker had broken. There are 2 coils there, one pops the ball back into play, the other keeps the other balls from interfering. Not sure if that's your problem but worth a look.

3 years later
#9 2 years ago

I'm having this same issue currently. I've replaced all the switches as well to no avail. Was there ever a resolution to this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-lock-problem-on-roadshow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.