• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Castle door switch (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Good afternoon,
My awesome original MM has developed a strange issue. When you turn the game on and start a new game everything appears to be working. The odd thing that developed it that the first 5-7 games the ball lock door does not register at all. The castle draw bridge goes down and gate goes up leaving for one more ball to destroy the castle but it goes in and the solenoid ejects it out the left side. The other is the small castle door lock. When through the door the animation of ball smashing through shows, then ball two shows other ball smashing through and on third the awesome animation plays starting Multi-ball. Normally you get three balls though the door and get multi-ball started after the cool graphic on DMD. (looks awesome with my ColorDMD). Until the game warms up (seriously I am in freakin' Arizona, nothing is cold these two features do not work at all and them magically it starts working and works every time in every game until you are done playing. I just had a thought to see if once it warms up I shut down and power back up and see if it works instantly.

Has anyone ever had this issue. It drives me nuts because I do a layup on the dragon ramp and then nail the ball lock shot and poof ejects with no credit.

UPDATE: The switch stopped working totally so I removed the two mounting screws to get a better look. It appears the green white stripe was soldered to the outer leg and cut and re-soldered to the center switch post. See picture. We are hosting Thanksgiving tomorrow and hope someone can look at their switch wiring. REMEMBER mine is the original Williams game so I am not sure how other versions are wired.

Thanks,
Dave

Castle door switch (resized).jpgCastle door switch (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Unplug your color DMD and play it blind. Then see if it works or not. If it then works the 12 volts is the culprit.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

Thanks so much for quick response.
Did you take a look at the switch picture? I would like to replace the switch since its already out. where should the Green wire with white stripe be soldered. This may have been an attempt to prolong the switches life before it died.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Did you take a look at the switch picture?

Just now. It is wired right.

Put a meter on it. Bad switch or broken wire elsewhere from switch to switch to CPU.

The tiny green nub of a wire shouldn't be there. Maybe a mistake from the past.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It is wired right.

You can compare to other switches in your game. If wired right they are all wired the same.

White wire to a lug with black end of the diode. Green wire to a lug. Silver band end of the diode to a lug. Stripes may be different colors but the base colors are the same on every switch.

#6 2 years ago

Well the patient has been prepped for a new switch. Wish me luck on a successful Switchectomy!

#7 2 years ago

Sorry for the delay, I was too busy locking balls! YES!!! The switch replacement worked perfectly. Thanks for the assistance. Tomorrow it will be the hit of the party.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-lock-door-credit-and-castle-destroy-appears-to-need-to-warm-up-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.