(Topic ID: 197820)

Ball load issues after 1st multi-ball

By thedustycelt

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I am New to pinball machine restoration. I have begun work on my first table, a Data East "Back to the Future"

It is doing something that seems odd to me. Under normal play conditions it will load a ball, the switch that senses a ball has been loaded (in front of the plunger) senses the ball and all is good. The issue begins when the first Multi-ball gets locked in the multi-ball track. At this point, the machine loads the next ball and continues trying to load another ball until the balls are removed from the plunger area.

It is almost like the logic is reversed when it goes in to multi-ball locked mode. If you catch the ball when it is loaded, or immediately shoot the ball the machine does not attempt to load another ball.

Anyone have any ideas on this odd issue?

#2 6 years ago

I have resolved the issue, turns out there was a short in the wiring that made any switch in that line of the switch matrix appear as all the switches fired. (Short was in a coin door switch)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-load-issues-after-1st-multi-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.