(Topic ID: 218642)

50's Williams Ball Lift Assembly removal?

By PinballFever

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180610_185316849 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180610_185355150_LL (resized).jpg
IMG_20180608_180853860 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180607_205308355 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180606_194016129_LL (resized).jpg
IMG_20180606_194457964_LL (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

From the mark on the front collar Bruce it looks as though someone has already tried to apply, what we call a stilson wrench, to the front collar. Have you tried doing this with protective cloth, while holding the inside fitting, to avoid any damage. I am probably wrong but the knurled fitting inside almost looks like a 'gulmite' fitting?? Ken Layton would know for sure.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

Not yet I'm afraid to break something that might be irreplaceable Wayne.

It looks kind of like a gulmite screw but I'm not sure either. Here's a closer shot of it. I also found a Pinside thread about gulmite screws. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tamper-proof-boltslook-familiar
Sent a PM to Ken Layton about this thread.

On closer look at your latest pic Bruce that does not appear a Gulmite application. Out of interest here is a set of Gulmite drivers on ebay at the moment-ouch $US600!

ebay.com link: Gulmite Crown head security screw 5 piece screwdriver set

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-lift-holder-removal?tu=wayner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.