Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

39D6BC2A-A85F-4190-B1AB-16C65FC8BF31.jpeg
067DFC82-2616-4EF5-9A09-12CFB1267F46.jpeg
FT-Screw-LaunchRamp (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hi Everyone,
I purchased a FT machine about 2 months ago and love it. I noticed that the ball is not always launching with as much power as I would like. It usually makes it around the top and back to the flipper but its a bit slow. I noticed just after launch there is a screw (see pic) that the ball is hitting causing it to bounce around a bit. The screw seems to hold a section of sheet metal, so it seems to have a purpose, yet it seems to be in a strange place.

At first I thought. That screw does not belong there but after inspecting many online pics it looks like it is on other machines. I also worry this will chew up the ball.

Looking for your thoughts. Is this the right type of screw? Does it really belong there? Any others with FT that can comment?

Here is a link to Slo-Mo video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tpev2xo3ZcNn8U3Ac6WTe13Qv7qvNYaY/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!!
Dave...
PS. SlowMo pinball sounds are awesome

FT-Screw-LaunchRamp (resized).jpgFT-Screw-LaunchRamp (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

It doesn't look screwed in all the way to me. The screw head kinda looks like you put a frowny face on it and it's cracking me up

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

It doesn't look screwed in all the way to me. The screw head kinda looks like you put a frowny face on it and it's cracking me up

i can't unsee that now!

anyway, OP did you try screwing it in further? pics online show it being correct, but it's probably working it's way out.

#4 3 years ago

It's either not screwed in all the way (or possibly a bit out of position with its proper hole) or it's the wrong kind of screw. No, it shouldn't be interfering with the ball launch in that way, and yes: it will chew up balls if that keeps happening.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

It's either not screwed in all the way (or possibly a bit out of position with its proper hole) or it's the wrong kind of screw. No, it shouldn't be interfering with the ball launch in that way, and yes: it will chew up balls if that keeps happening.

Thanks for the responses so far. I did try to screw it in more. I may try to find a flatter screw and try that. Would be interesting to see others that have the FT machine to see if that is the wrong screw.

#6 3 years ago
067DFC82-2616-4EF5-9A09-12CFB1267F46.jpeg067DFC82-2616-4EF5-9A09-12CFB1267F46.jpeg
#7 3 years ago
39D6BC2A-A85F-4190-B1AB-16C65FC8BF31.jpeg39D6BC2A-A85F-4190-B1AB-16C65FC8BF31.jpeg
#8 3 years ago

onemoresean This is very helpful. I have the wrong screw and if you look at my picture and compare to yours you can see that the screw seems lower but I believe the ramp has been pushed down somehow. Just wondering. Does your ball bounce around a bit on its way up and around when launched.

Thank you !!!!!

#9 3 years ago

The ball clears the screw and makes it around to the flipper no problem.
It sometimes bumps the side before making the orbit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-launch-ramp-ball-hitting-a-screw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.