• Latest reply 5 years ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180611_173348 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

The left side kickout on my Darling has a problem that has to have come up before. The metal wire that the ball is supposed to roll over to trip the kickout sometimes doesn't drop and the ball gets stuck on it. There's nothing to do at that point but shake the machine until it rolls on over the sensor or tilts. What's the easy fix for this? Do I try and bend the wire down a little?

20180611_173348 (resized).jpg20180611_173348 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

The part the ball rolls over and pushes down. Look it over. The leaf blade switch below too strong and holding it up ? Where it hooks to below the playfield corroded or dirty ? Anything bent or obstructing it below ? It isn't binding on the playfield going up or down ?

Look it over. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Hold playfield up and push down with your finger to see if anything obvious is happening.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

I've actually done all of those things (amazingly enough, lol). The resistance to motion between the left and right sides is noticeable to the touch, but only just. I feel like the limiting factor is the leaf blade, but what on earth do you do about that?? It's not an all-the-time thing. It'll probably happen once a game though. It's just enough resistance to movement to get it stuck occasionally.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from JVice:

I feel like the limiting factor is the leaf blade, but what on earth do you do about that??

Make sure it's the right leaf blade switch. Adjust it so it doesn't take great weight to trigger it. Compare to other leaf blade switches in your game.

LTG : )

#5 5 years ago

A combination of leaf blade adjustment and the trigger wire that the ball rolls over (there has to be a name for that thing) seemed to fix it right up. Thank you for taking the time to help out!

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from JVice:

A combination of leaf blade adjustment and the trigger wire that the ball rolls over (there has to be a name for that thing) seemed to fix it right up. Thank you for taking the time to help out!

It's called a rollover wire.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-kickout-sensor-not-going-down?hl=jvice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.