• Latest reply 11 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG
#1 11 years ago

On my Comet I had to make a bracket out of spring steel to connect to the plastic center ramp but now most of the time after the ball hits it, it will bounce up and hit the glass. It's really got me stumped...

What would be causing this? Is the spring steel to flexible, making the ball bounce and hit the glass? Should I use thicker steel?

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#2 11 years ago

from the pic, it looks like you made a speed bump for it

#3 11 years ago

The ball entrance needs to be perfectly smooth. that is why the ramp flaps are so thin. Replace the ramp flaps. You will need to re-rivet them.

#4 11 years ago

I looked at this post because I just knew you were talking about a Comet, I have one and most owners could tell you that the ball hits the glass on this game in particular more then others. I would say it hits the glass on the million point shot ramp more then comet ramp. The ramp entrance should be smooth, I am sure there is a protector that you can find that will be a better fit.

#5 11 years ago

I was thinking about a protector that covers the ramp... but I have no idea where to get one or how to make one...

I think I will try making a new smoother flap and see how that works...

1 week later
#6 11 years ago

I read that the designers for Comet intended to have the ball hit the glass. That is why they made the ramp entrance so steep. Mine is stock and it hits the glass 70% of the time that shot is made. Also, it looks like someone is now making new corkscrew ramps and selling them on ebay. I bought one and I will post some pics when I get it.

#7 11 years ago

Yep, it hits the glass just like WH2O hits the glass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-keeps-hitting-the-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.