(Topic ID: 80217)

Ball jumping to shooter lane -- still a legitimate score?

By Nokoro

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mojozone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jpolfer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

Yeah... at least at PAPA / Pinburgh it is. if a ball goes in the shooter lane during play, you have to plunge it out of the lane ASAP. Even on games where having the ball go back in the shooter lane is a feature (4 Million BC). I learned this when I had to play on 4 Million BC from another player.

If you leave it in the lane, especially if you are in multiball and it doesn't auto-plunge, this is considered an unfair advantage (even though the game rules/design allows it). But tourney rules are rules, gotta follow em.

As a tournament director, I'd try to prevent a game like this from being in a lineup, if possible, given the experiences I've had and the grumbling I dealt with from fellow players. It's hard enough to play well while remembering what's going on the in the main playfield, let alone the shooter lane. If something isn't easy to control or enforce via the game rules or mechanically, I think its unfair to force the player to play around it. My opinion.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jpolfer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-jumping-to-shooter-lane-still-a-legitimate-score?tu=jpolfer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.