Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Astropin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

A few weeks ago I watch the Papa 19 finals. Zack Sharpe's 2nd ball on Iron Man jumped over the left flipper. I have seen the ball do crazy stuff, but I had never seen that.

See 6:48:09

http://papa.org/2016/05/12/papa-19-world-championships-video-coverage/

My daughter is home from school and we started a game of pinball before heading out (waiting for my wife). Her 1st ball jumped right over the left flipper. We left the game where it was, went out to lunch, came back and continued our game. Her 2nd ball did the same thing - right over the left flipper! WTF? I had never seen that on my own machine, and she does it twice in the same game. These we not during multiball. This was during single ball play.

She went on to rock her 3rd ball and post one of her all time high scores.

#2 7 years ago

Yes that has happened to me also. Sometimes I think it could be how the flipper rubber is positioned on the flipper. Other times it could be the spin on the ball.

#3 7 years ago

It was definitely some serious ball spin. I believe that both occurrences came from a near drain, where she flipped off the tip of the right flipper, and immediately with the left. The right added the spin, and the left helped the ball jump over.

I did install new flipper rubbers.

#4 7 years ago

I've seen the magnets on my IM throw the ball over my slings and out on more than one occasion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 36.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-jump-over-flipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.