Ball in play on Fireball Classic

By Cariba

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hello all,

I am purchasing a Fireball Classic, and noticed on various You Tube videos that some of these Pins have a "BALL IN PLAY" status light and counter status functioning, with "BALL IN PLAY" letters showing/lit up in back-glass, while others seem like they do NOT have this at all during game play.

Is this a configuration that can be switched around and turned on and off? OR are there different versions of the panel/back glass and programing etc?

Is that one of the differences between the German (Bally Wuff) version and regular version?

Thanks in advance,

#2 1 year ago

Hmmmm…..never noticed. I’ll have to go look at my game.

#3 1 year ago

I have to look at mine

#4 1 year ago

Just checked. Mine is there and lit. Not something I would normally look at. Just above the display. My guess the ones that were not working had a bulb out. I don’t think a back glass would be made without it unless a repro and left off intentionally. I’d be concerned about other aspects of the game, but good eye.

#5 1 year ago

BIP/Match display is traditionally located on the Backbox.
You can disable the match and credit display but BIP should always work.

#6 1 year ago

Note - if Fireball Classic is like EBD (same MPU) in this respect, Ball in Play will be lit constantly after power up but will turn off after finishing a game. I don't know if that was common code in a lot of these Bally games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monterey, CA
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-in-play-on-fireball-classic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.