8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I just finished shopping a Johnny Mnemonic and have finally started getting some experience playing the game. Rolling over the left inlane (flipper return lane) to light throwing spikes is pretty important, but I've noticed that when I shoot the left ramp, the ball often hops over the inlane switch (microswitch) without triggering it. It's not really a noticeable hop, but when you watch closely, it's clear this is what's happening.

The switch never fails in test mode with a finger or with a normal rollover, but when exiting the left ramp, it bounces over the switch without triggering it about half of the time.

I tried bending the arm of the microswitch to maximize sensitivity, and that helped a little, but I still get lots of misses (which I've seen in test mode and in gameplay).

Further bending the switch to get more of the wire exposed above the playfield seems like a solution, but I'm not sure if it's a great one.

Are there any rules of thumb about bending these switch actuator wires for lane rollover switches?

Does anyone have any other ideas for me?

Thanks!

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

A piece of mylar where the ball lands from the ramp may be enough cushion to stop the bounce.

That is a good idea!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 29.00
$ 37.50
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-hopping-over-inlane-switch-on-jm?tu=mot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.