• Latest reply 8 years ago by Parsec
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

acdc.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I've struggled with the cannon on my AC/DC Pro for quite awhile, not firing. I thought it might be a bad sensor or as GatorDad pointed out, screws protruding from the swing arm.

But what i'm noticing is that the ball is getting stuck under the cannon... and when I take examine it there about a quarter inch of play, meaning I can lift the cannon about a quarter of an inch and the ball passes through.

I then noticed that there is some sort of plastic washer underneath where the cannon mounts to the motor post with the 4 screws. That plastic washer seems to be just laying there loose and not doing anything. Is this factory or did someone add it?

My thinking is that the cannon is sitting too low, is catching the ball, and is also making the swing arm pass through the opto incorrectly. If I move the cannon post up an down it also moves the curved opto arm up and down. Hope this makes sense. I can take a pict if needed. Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

I think my problem is one of these parts, or both being worn out. (Highlighted in yellow). Where can I order these?

acdc.jpgacdc.jpg

#3 8 years ago

I have had good luck in the past calling Stern- 1-800-kickers. They usually are great on the phone.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks Bills, I called them today and he thinks I may be on the right track. Problem is they don't sell directly, only through distributors, so the part that they sell for Marco for 50 cents will probably cost me $15 plus shipping. Might call betson here in Baltimore. It may just be a plastic washer but the title "Cannon Bearing" makes me think theres more to it.

#5 8 years ago

I'm getting close! Spent about 3 hours yesterday messing with it. I found the bolt that lets you adjust the height of the arm to make sure it passes through the opto correctly. I had it working with the glass off, when I put the glass back on it stopped working again. Weird. I think its just a matter of getting the alignment correct.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-getting-stuck-under-cannon-on-acdc-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.