pad.jpg
post sleeve.jpg
38-5151.jpg
star trek.jpg
IMG_6417.JPG
P2251210.JPG
IMG_0110.JPG
IMG_0112.JPG
There are 162 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 9 years ago

I had success with putting washers under the stock screw, but when the ball hit it would make a metal-on-metal clink, and it did kill the action of the pops a bit. I later replaced the washers with a mini post rubber that I cut in half like a bagel, and screwed in with a smaller head screw. Now the ball can't hit the screw and the rubber bounces the ball back to the pops. I've had it this way for months now, with no stuck balls or rubber failure.

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

I had success with putting washers under the stock screw, but when the ball hit it would make a metal-on-metal clink, and it did kill the action of the pops a bit. I later replaced the washers with a mini post rubber that I cut in half like a bagel, and screwed in with a smaller head screw. Now the ball can't hit the screw and the rubber bounces the ball back to the pops. I've had it this way for months now, with no stuck balls or rubber failure.

Do you happen to have a photo you can share?

#153 9 years ago

Picture:
20140806_200744-167.jpg20140806_200744-167.jpg

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

Picture:

20140806_200744-167.jpg 162 KB

Thank you. This is a smaller screw? It was still able to thread into the original hole?

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Thank you. This is a smaller screw? It was still able to thread into the original hole?

Just a smaller head.

4 weeks later
#156 9 years ago

Caker137 - thanks for the information. I just cut the mini post rubber in half and installed tonight. 50 balls through and no hang ups.

2 months later
#157 9 years ago

I wanted to add my solution. I was having a difficult time to remove the screw (I was going to try half the rubber circle) but couldn't get to the screw. So I found this at Wal-Mart for $3.
Put the smallest flat circle right next to the screw head, can hardly see the rubber sticker and it seems to have eliminated the hang ups so far.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-88.jpgimage-88.jpg
image-538.jpgimage-538.jpg

#158 9 years ago

So did you just place it right beside the screw? Has it fixed all the hangups in that area? I was also thinking about trying something like this. My PF doesn't even have the screw.

TIA
Sean

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

So did you just place it right beside the screw? Has it fixed all the hangups in that area? I was also thinking about trying something like this. My PF doesn't even have the screw.
TIA
Sean

I was getting a hang up on every game, after the sticker dot, I played 20+ games with no hang ups, but just got one, however my sticker was not right next to the screw head, I peeled it off and moved it closer to the screw head and so far it is working. I am specifically trying to get the ball into the pops and it seems like the hang up is gone for the most part.

This takes the screw completely out of play if you have a screw or don't have a screw, the ball can not touch the screw with this little dot.

Note, I used the smallest flat dot, there is also a round half sphere type dot in the pack, which may or may not be better.

#160 9 years ago

I have this problem too - I'll be trying the fix above. THANKS for posting!!

#161 9 years ago

I simply backed the screw out about 1/4 turn and that 100% solved my hang-ups. The screw is still plenty snug that I do not worry about it coming out. Keep it simple!

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I simply backed the screw out about 1/4 turn and that 100% solved my hang-ups. The screw is still plenty snug that I do not worry about it coming out. Keep it simple!

I could not seem to get a screw driver in that area.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 162 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-getting-stuck-on-st/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.