pad.jpg
post sleeve.jpg
38-5151.jpg
star trek.jpg
IMG_6417.JPG
P2251210.JPG
IMG_0110.JPG
IMG_0112.JPG
There are 162 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 10 years ago

Have any of you guys with ST have the ball getting stuck on the right side of the lower bumper and exit lane?

#2 10 years ago

Occasionally, but light shaking gets it to move. Haven't looked to see why it's hanging up, but it's not a big deal.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from birsch:

but it's not a big deal.

yes it is. Happens more times than not. Definition of clunky is the ball going dead. Takes some good shaking.

#4 10 years ago

So do I but it happens more than I wold like it to.

#5 10 years ago

This happened on Expo machines. Each machine was a bit different in terms of how much it happened.

#6 10 years ago

Not much on mine. It usually falls out with only gravity helping.

#7 10 years ago

It slows down on mine, but it doesn't get stuck.

#8 10 years ago

I would either increase or decrease the PF angle a bit if you don't feel like playing with the rubbers or posts.

#9 10 years ago

The one I played a couple weeks ago at Flippers in Grandy NC did it to me 3 time but never twice in the same game. I figured it could have had some trash on the playfield causing it to hang. It would not take much. I guess I will find out if they ever ship my LE.

#10 10 years ago

I am going to take a closer look at the area and see if there is anything that can be done.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

I am going to take a closer look at the area and see if there is anything that can be done.

Pics are always a bonus

#12 10 years ago

Well, I have pic's but my camera has a special usb cable I cannot find. As soon as I do, I will post the pictures.

#13 10 years ago

Pitch that Mofo UP^^^^----loosen the tilt---- give it hell!

#14 10 years ago

Just an FYI, my game had a few annoyances I tweaked out (http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-gameplay-tweaks), but my game has never done this. It must vary game by game.

#15 10 years ago

Here are some pic's of the area where they get stuck.
100_2301.JPG100_2301.JPG100_2303.JPG100_2303.JPG100_2307.JPG100_2307.JPG100_2308.JPG100_2308.JPG100_2310.JPG100_2310.JPG

#16 10 years ago

Mabye try a zip-tie from post to post?

mac.jpgmac.jpg
#17 10 years ago

Maybe a post sleeve and put existing rubber over it. May extend it out enough.

#18 10 years ago

whats the screw there for anyway . it kinda reminds me of when avengers balls got stuck on the loki lock before they invented a decal to cover the screws. is it the screw thats holding the ball up?

#19 10 years ago

Ball gets stuck all the time in the same place on a location game near me. Couldn't hurt to try adding a fat white post rubber below the black rubber on the post where the ball gets stuck. Should stick out more than the black rubber and hopefully keep that area bouncier.

Ripleys has a similar setup (double rubbers) exiting the pops. Different deal, but it might work.

#20 10 years ago

What is the screw for anyways. Is it holding a mechanism from under the playfield? I don't want to say remove the screw, but......???

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

What is the screw for anyways. Is it holding a mechanism from under the playfield? I don't want to say remove the screw, but......???

thats what i was thinking. at least a flat screw maybe .

#22 10 years ago

I do not know what the screw is for but It came that way. I will try either a sleeve and/or a bigger rubber. I will also check under the PF to see if that screw is doing anything.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The screw is there to prevent the ball hang ups that are happening. Try backing out the screw a couple of turns and see if that fixes it.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

The screw is there to prevent the ball hang ups that are happening. Try backing out the screw a couple of turns and see if that fixes it.

If that is the case, would putting a small post with a small rubber ring do the trick (similar to a post between inlane/Outlane).

image-452.jpgimage-452.jpg
#25 10 years ago

That would create another ball stop. The screw should just be high enough to keep the ball rolling.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

That would create another ball stop. The screw should just be high enough to keep the ball rolling.

It may be worth a try-I was thinking of same thing with two little fat white rubbers at top. Looks like far enough out that it would roll in either direction?

#27 10 years ago

I would try removing the screw first. If the ball gets stuck there, removing the screw should help the ball roll into the pop bumper skirt which should trigger the switch.

#28 10 years ago

update on screw removal?

#29 10 years ago

I will remove the screw and see what happens.

#30 10 years ago

Ok, so I removed the screw and the bumper area is more lively however, the ball still gets stuck. It seems that the frequency is slightly less but the screw must have been put in by Stern. I am going to order some sleeves and assorted rubbers next week and give them a try. I also may try adjusting the bumper switch to make it more sensitive on the lower bumper.
100_2322.JPG100_2322.JPG

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

Ok, so I removed the screw and the bumper area is more lively however, the ball still gets stuck. It seems that the frequency is slightly less but the screw must have been put in by Stern. I am going to order some sleeves and assorted rubbers next week and give them a try. I also may try adjusting the bumper switch to make it more sensitive on the lower bumper.

100_2322.JPG 753 KB

Just curious. What is the level/incline of your game? How far up are the leg levelers on the back of your ST? Are they all the way in?

#32 10 years ago

Try putting a mini-post rubber ring on the screw and put the screw back in without flattening the added rubber. That would probably put the screw high enough to prevent the ball from resting there.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Just curious. What is the level/incline of your game? How far up are the leg levelers on the back of your ST? Are they all the way in?

When I set up the machine, the feet were all the way up which is what they are out of the box. I bolted on the legs and then raised the rear to get the bubble in the correct spot which should be 6.5° to 7°. Then I adjusted the side to side level.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Try backing out the screw a couple of turns and see if that fixes it.

#35 10 years ago

Its more annoying than anything else. All I have to do is shake the machine a few times to get it out an moving. I just think that this should not be happening on a new machine.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

Its more annoying than anything else. All I have to do is shake the machine a few times to get it out an moving. I just think that this should not be happening on a new machine.

Welcome to the wonderful world of pin ownership.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Welcome to the wonderful world of pin ownership.

Exactly. TFLE, xmen, LoTR, sm, avengers, had way more problems than this.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

What he said.

#39 10 years ago

check your horizontal alignment. Mine doesn't hang up but comes out slow, which is OK. If you have to adjust it slightly to the right, then OK. Sure beats drilling into a brand new playfield.

#40 10 years ago

Mine never gets stuck there. Never. I suggest adjusting the pop bumper switch to be more sensitive. If the ball is touching the pop skirt, it should trigger the bumper.

#41 10 years ago

I going to try and adjust the switch first then I am going to try putting the screw back in place and adjusting it out a turn or two and see what happens. The bitch is I have to unscrew most of the right ramp to get at the screw. If that does not work I should be getting the sleeves and rubbers in a few days

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

check your horizontal alignment

Mine comes out slow too when it does not get stuck. The screw was in the PF from the factory.

#43 10 years ago

I don't have a screw in that location, but my ball sometimes gets hung up there. If it happens during a multi-ball I don't always notice until all the other ones drain and it goes into a ball search. Then a nudging will free it.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

I don't have a screw in that location, but my ball sometimes gets hung up there. If it happens during a multi-ball I don't always notice until all the other ones drain and it goes into a ball search. Then a nudging will free it.

Pics? Is the hole there ?

#45 10 years ago

You can not see it just looking at the bumper area. You have to use a mirror or get a camera in the back facing forward to see it. I did not know it was there until I used my camera.

#46 10 years ago

I don't have that screw. Odd.

#47 10 years ago

Maybe add one of these to the existing post near the bumper? I'm thinking upside down relative to this pic. (http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2431)

pbl_23-6632.jpgpbl_23-6632.jpg

#48 10 years ago

I adjusted the bumper switch and it was better but the ball still hung up. I then put the screw back in with two washers and I played about 5 to 7 games with no problems. Once and while I could hear the ball hitting the screw but no hang ups. I may remove one washer and see what happens but this seems to have fixed the issue. Time will tell.

100_2328.JPG100_2328.JPG

#49 10 years ago

Who put the screw in the playfield?

#50 10 years ago

It gets stuck on mine as well. A light tap sets it free though. Being on location I need to find a solution though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 162 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-getting-stuck-on-st and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.