Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Luzur
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FullSizeRender-17 (resized).jpg
    metal bend (resized).jpg
    matel bend with ball (resized).jpg
    ball view (resized).jpg
    ball stuck area (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

General question, but I'm talking about an Al's Garage Band if that helps at all.

Occasionally, the ball will get stuck in the left orbit, usually at lower speeds. At first I thought it was the switch, and it may be adding to it, but upon further inspection I think it is the metal that is too close at that particular point. Any ideas on how to fix (without disassembling the entire guitar section and/or playfield)?

General area:
    ball stuck area (resized).jpgball stuck area (resized).jpg
    Pic with ball: (that wood is a skewer part I placed in there to start, thought the plastic was catching the ball)
    ball view (resized).jpgball view (resized).jpg
    Metal guide seems to touch here:
    metal bend (resized).jpgmetal bend (resized).jpg
    matel bend with ball (resized).jpgmatel bend with ball (resized).jpg

Is this a remove, heat, and bend back type of thing?

#3 6 years ago

Yeah, my fat fingers weren't making that small space with enough force.

Ended up taking a wine cork, cutting to just larger than a pinball, and rolled that sucker up in there!

After I figured out how to get it unstuck (small hook tool) all seems good.

Thanks!

#7 6 years ago

Yeah, have a few other small issues I'm problem solving right now. If I lived near Vid, I'd let him take it apart!!!!

I'm the newbie, remember, the less I mess, the better things stay

#8 6 years ago

I did take off (or move) the plastic and vacuum and microfiber. There is more there now, and more to come, but I'll do my best to clean that sucker. This was the topic of my PM to you about cleaning the PF. I'll get to it, eventually. No sense in total breakdown until I get it running 100%. IMO anyway.

#10 6 years ago

I love these tips! However, they usually cost me money. You're nickel and diming me Vid!

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Dude:

Don't think it is crud: From the photo, the lane-guide is just slightly bent in towards the ball, leaving too little clearance for a slow-moving ball. Sounds like RonSS managed to bend it back out (Congrats on the wine-cork idea: Brilliant!). Any fix that avoids complete/complex disassembly is a win!

Thanks! I was half impressed with myself and the cork.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-getting-stuck-in-orbit?tu=ronss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.