Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-385.jpg
image-217.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Got my game together I'm only having one issue that I did before the make over which I thought would be correctEd with the number of adjustments new parts etc that I did for a major overhaul . For some reason the outhole when started will not kick out the ball. You here a low click click, but if I add the ball manually to the shooter lane play it a couple times doing that then the outhole kicker works fine. I replaced most of the old switches in the ball feed assembly, tested the out hole kicker coil replaced diode it was fine but had it apart. I even replaced the transistor on the driver board that I thought controls the outhole coil. I re-pinned the black interconnector both sides. So what would cause this issue?
* replace ball feed for out-hole

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Sounds like a possible switch matrix problem. Go through the switch tests and see if any switch triggers multiple readings in the test. If so, check all switches on that row or column for problems including broken/bad diodes. That's just where I'd start.

#3 9 years ago

Is the part that kicks the ball loose on it's hinge ? Dirty, worn, or bent ? Does it hit the ball square or give it a glancing blow ?

LTG : )™

#4 9 years ago

Use switch test to make sure all the trough switches work correctly with actual balls.

#5 9 years ago

I had this issue and it was the kicker arm getting stuck on the spring. Also had to oil up the pivot point on the arm as it was a little too tight. End result was the arm wouldn't reset.

#6 9 years ago

I disassembled everything when I did the playfield restoration basically follow Clays guide and normally any problems that were present get resolved when you do a systematic restore, tuneup, shop or whatever you wanna call it. It's not mechanical the ball feed fires flawlessly during solnoid test, switch test shows no errors but I'm much more of a EM guy so may be overlooking something during test modes. I'll try to do the switch test with the ball as suggested that should show me I also wonder if Donald duck might be onto something i know mechanically it's like knew but could be hitting the ball switch getting caught . I follow up either way thanks !

#7 8 years ago

When the balls stack up in the trough the tension on the switches can change slightly based on the number of balls. I have seen trough switch intermittent just when certain number of balls are in there.

The game monitors the three lock switches, the shooter lane switch, the outhole switch, and however many are in the trough. Check all of those. Stuck lock switch could be confusing the game.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

When the balls stack up in the trough the tension on the switches can change slightly based on the number of balls. I have seen trough switch intermittent just when certain number of balls are in there.
The game monitors the three lock switches, the shooter lane switch, the outhole switch, and however many are in the trough. Check all of those. Stuck lock switch could be confusing the game.

You got it good call made some vids of the fix little different but was a switch issue for sure. Also did some other vids (horrible footage but just trying share the info on stuff before I forget may help somone ) just overview and tips vids although I have a bad cold and lack of sleep good sleep just trying to get this done before summer working good now.

#9 8 years ago

i posted this in f-14 club but thought I'd ask on here. My only issue with my game it tilts when the left kicker is activated and it must hit it hard normally off a rebound from the right side. A couple people suggested replacing the scr6 component on the cpu which if I had on hand would try it but would need to order so just want to make sure that is the issue. Here was my orginal post .

" I don't have a problem trying that part on the cpu as suggested but the fact shipping alone will be $8 more then the part sucks and just seems that tilt going off on the left kicker is connected. I'm not questioning anybody's advice I only question myself if I did something wrong since I had this totally stripped and I lost a majority of my before pics prior to removal due to a hard drive crash on my computer. If anyone has some good pics of all the underside of the playfield wiring I would appreciate it. This is why I perfer EM games I know the matrix etc supposed to make it easier but to me a 3 page fold out schematic is better because it's way more detailed just my opinion."

Here are my pics of the left sling the thing to me is a random tilt fix is different then if it happens when a certain action being the left sling activities the tilt every time . I'll be happy if the scr6 replacement works but Im thinking I screwed up something I know people on here know a lot more in regards to solids state games for sure. Any new advice or confirmation this does just sound like a failed scr6 part let me know thanks.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-217.jpgimage-217.jpg image-385.jpgimage-385.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-feed-issue-williams-system-11-f-14-tomcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.