• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

circus5 (resized).jpg
IMG_5262_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

After cleaning my Zaccaria Circus the score motor keeps rotating and the ball eject keeps firing (also the 10 point switch in the backbox is making a constant contact + buzz sound). This all happens after i press for the first game (and after all the score and reels resetting ).

It all worked yesterday, help is really appreciated!

#2 7 years ago

Sounds like your cleaning left a 10 point switch on the playfield stuck closed. That is a guess...

#3 7 years ago

Fixed the ball ejecting...the 2 wires of the hole-apron-switch pressed against each other, (that hole under the apron), now searching for the closed 10 pointer...

#4 7 years ago

It's usually one of the switches that poke up through the playfield behind a rubber ring...

1 week later
#5 7 years ago

Got it working but now the Lock relay stays energized...should that be the case? Any tips are welcome.

#6 7 years ago

Lock relay closed is normal operation when playing. If you stick a pencil in there and unlock it, you will see the game go into game over mode.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

Lock relay closed is normal operation when playing

Ahh Thats why the relay paper-wrap is a bit on the brown side...thanks!

#8 7 years ago

Now not all the lights for the advance bonus-bar light up (some do), first tried new lights, but that did not help. So problem must be somewhere else; Tried rotating a smaller stepper unit by hand (the one that fires when i press the related advance bonus roll over on the playfield) also did not help. Is for em machines the advance bonus controlled by a stepper unit, or could that be de score motor?

IMG_5262_(resized).jpgIMG_5262_(resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago

help still needed! is there a an EM help thread somewhere?

#10 7 years ago

Definitely a stepper unit. Make sure the spider arms on the unit are making solid contact with each dot on the bonus stepper unit. If they are, is it clean? If not, use a scouring pad to wipe away any dirt.

#11 7 years ago

Hi Star_Gazer
I am not sure - do I understand what Your problem is ?
One thing is: Does a stepper truely steps up, up, up - and does it also step down, down, down - (and Bonus-points are given (?))
Another thing is - the lights are just for to inform the player (the pin can well live without the lights).
I use a pencil - NOT: a ballpoint -> look at post-26, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flaky-bulb-sockets-solder-question#post-2730603 --- well other pinsiders do other things - the whole topic is good.
When "cleaning" is NOT the problem: Make a description " fault is ...". Greetings Rolf

#12 7 years ago

thanks Pahuffman and rolf_martin_062 for the tips!

the stepper unit of the Circus goes only one way, and no reset..weird...going to make a photo of that one and post it here.

The lights turn on depending the bonus state, but some dont lit, but there is still an advance in the bonus.
Also with the game over you will see the lights doing a quick countdown (2000-1500-500 etc but some light dont work, so thats my main problem; is the current for the lights also going trough the stepper unit? I cleaned the unit, but maybe i have to clean it more. Also when i rotate the unit manually by pushing the coil the light dont go up.

#13 7 years ago

maybe its just the lamp sockets, but they look fine to me.

#14 7 years ago

I've just watched a YouTube video of this game. The stepper that controlls the bonus steps down at the end of each ball. This stepper will have 2 coils..one to step up..one to step down. If it doesn't, you might be looking at the wrong stepper, or its missing parts.

1 week later
#15 7 years ago

Now everything worked, but suddenly when i score >1000 the 1000 coil keeps buzzing (does not turn off) is the off connector located somewhere else in the machine, anyone knows?

4 years later
#16 3 years ago

Hi, I'm a new member to Pinside. I have a Zaccaria Circus game. I'm bringing my games out of storage after many years and want to get them working again. This game was working when my young cousin got inside the coin door once. After that when I start a new game it blows the main fuse immediately. When you unplug the main plugs from the head it does not blow the fuse. I have looked at everything inside the coin door that I thought he might have bent or broke. Looking for anything that might be causing the short. Nothing. I cannot believe that it is something clearly right in front of me. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for.
Thank you for your time, Steve

circus5 (resized).jpgcircus5 (resized).jpg
#17 3 years ago

Two suggestions:
1) Start a new topic for this new issue.
2) Save on fuses by temporarily using a Fuse circuit breaker
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair#Electrical_short_troubleshooting_Fuse_helper

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-ejects-keeps-firing-zaccaria-circus?hl=collieguy653221 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.