Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

It seems like a mechanical issue with the Harem ball eject arm. I checked the plunger, coil and springs and fired the solenoid in test mode. It fires but the kicker arm does not recede back. The mechanism seems stiff. Have any of you had to actually take apart the ball eject assemble before. Is this one of the few places on a pinball to use oil?

Thanks,
Dave

#2 4 years ago

Don't use oil. Take apart and clean and check for worn coil sleeve and stuff first.

LTG : )™

#3 4 years ago

I had similar problem on my Totan on the left orb kick out. You can see step by step with pics what I documented here :

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/totan-you-break-you-buy.359/

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I had similar problem on my Totan on the left orb kick out. You can see step by step with pics what I documented here :
http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/totan-you-break-you-buy.359/

Good advise for any game with a kicker problem.

#5 4 years ago

Thanks to all for the help. I took apart the arm mechanism and cleaned and it works like brand new now.

#6 4 years ago

Im having the same exact problem.

I took apart the arm mechanism and cleaned it very well, squeakily clean. I replaced the solenoid and the sleeve and still no luck.

When the ball rolls into the lock area the ball registers and the machine makes the sound that it normally makes when it is about to eject the ball but the solenoid never activates. All of the solder points look good to me. Not sure what to do next.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from balls:

All of the solder points look good to me. Not sure what to do next.

Grab meter. Check continuity of each wire from the coil to the driver board.

LTG : )™

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Baltimore, MD

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside