Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zBig-Brave-Work-08 (resized).jpg
20170402_100822 (resized).jpg
20170402_100843 (resized).jpg
player unit proper rotation.pdf (PDF preview)
20170402_102006_resized (resized).jpg
20170402_092456 (resized).jpg
zBig-Brave-Work-06 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

gottlieb Duotron game plays but doesn't count the balls so the game never ends.

#2 7 years ago

You would need to find the circuits and switches that send power to the player unit step-up solenoid. Do you have a schematic for the machine? Some simple things you can check are the switches at the outhole and the ball trough. Also, check the switches on the ball return relay...

#3 7 years ago

Fredsmythson, Thanks for the reply. Sorry for not getting back sooner. I'm new and had trouble getting back to my problem in pinside. I have a schematic but not good at reading it. The out hole kicker works as does the switch in the ball trough. The P add player relay moves. And the motor rotates when the trough switch is activated. The control bank reset works when I manually trip it. The player unit on the back does not move. When I manually move the player unit solenoid the the ball count advances and goes thru the 2nd player as well. When it gets to 5 it starts over after a few trips. It's a two player game. Are the player unit and the player unit step-up solenoid the same thing?

I've had this and a Williams game for 20 years and kept them running by cleaning contacts but this time this machine has been down for two years. I've picked up another machine but have to get educated to see if I can get it working. By the way I have been hooked on pinball since my paper route days in the early 1950's and would like to be able to fix them.

Thanks

#4 7 years ago

The player unit step-up solenoid (coil) is mounted to the player unit. This player unit step-up solenoid rotates the player unit disc.

If you confirmed the player step-up unit has no mechanical problems - stepper rotates freely when pushing the solenoid plunger - then you'll need to look at the circuits that control the rotation of the player step-up solenoid.

Find the player step-up solenoid or player advance solenoid on the schematic and look to the right to see the circuits and switches that control power to the solenoid. There should be at least one score motor switch in the circuit. Check this score motor switch to make sure it is clean and adjusted properly.

Check, adjust (if needed) and clean all the switches on the P relay.

Also, check to make sure the bonus unit is completely resetting after the bonus countdown...

#5 7 years ago

Hi milr, fredsmythson
I am not really familiar with TWO-Player-pins - I actually have problems in understanding what I show in my JPG. Fact; The P-Add-Player-Unit-Relay must pull-in and the Score-Motor must run and the Add-Player-Unit must fire.
For "us trying to help": Please show the snippet of schematics of this area of "Duotron", greetings Rolf

zBig-Brave-Work-06 (resized).jpgzBig-Brave-Work-06 (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

I finally figured out how to get back to my posts. Here is a copy of player unit schematic and the player unit both sides. I don't know how to get from the schematic to the machine. I can find the relays but how do I identify the switches. I know they are on the relays but which switch is which. The stepper unit rotates freely when the solenoid plunger pushed.

20170402_092456 (resized).jpg20170402_092456 (resized).jpg

20170402_102006_resized (resized).jpg20170402_102006_resized (resized).jpg

player unit proper rotation.pdfplayer unit proper rotation.pdf

#7 7 years ago

20170402_100843 (resized).jpg20170402_100843 (resized).jpg

20170402_100822 (resized).jpg20170402_100822 (resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago

Duh, Just found a stepper unit under playfield that doen't move freely. I'm reading how to clean.

#9 7 years ago

You can identify the switches by the wire colors... One of the switches in the add player unit coil circuit is on the P3E switch, which would have a green/white wire and a yellow/green wire. You can look on the schematic to see the abbreviations for the wire colors.

You'll want to check the following switches:

Score motor switch 1A
P3E switch
P4E switch

#10 7 years ago

Hi milr, fred
here http://user.xmission.com/~daina/tips/pub/emTips.html then the Two-Player-Pin Out of Sight http://user.xmission.com/~daina/tips/pub/tip0451.html on the bottom "9. The remaining balls ... " --- and the "green wiring in the JPG". Greetings Rolf

zBig-Brave-Work-08 (resized).jpgzBig-Brave-Work-08 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-count-on-gottlieb-duotron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.