Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by Bowlerguy
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200116_1333305521 (resized).jpg
    bowler 4 (resized).jpg
    bowler 3 (resized).jpg
    bowler 2 (resized).jpg
    bowler 1 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Hi all,
    I’m looking to find a ball bowler for my basement. Any idea where I can look online to find one?

#2 4 years ago

Search for Ball Bowlers here. There is someone in Eugene Oregon with 7 of them for sale.
    https://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/index.html

And if you want fancy,
    https://www.stl-bb.com/

#3 4 years ago

Where are you located?

#4 4 years ago
    #5 4 years ago

If you are near Michigan, Johns Coin op. He restores and services them.

1 week later
    #6 4 years ago

I have one in Colorado Springs that I'm looking to part ways with. 1956 United. Clean. All Original. Missing coin door. Some minor mechanical issues (2 pin only retracts part of the time, missing one trip lever on pin deck, multi-player function only works part of the time). I've had it for 7 years, prior to that was in a barn for years (covered no water or rodent issues). $500 as is, where is (comes apart into three pieces - scoring section, front half of lane, back half of lane w/ pin deck). Has service manual and schematics. Ping me at [email protected] if you have interest.

bowler 1 (resized).jpgbowler 1 (resized).jpgbowler 2 (resized).jpgbowler 2 (resized).jpgbowler 3 (resized).jpgbowler 3 (resized).jpgbowler 4 (resized).jpgbowler 4 (resized).jpg
    #7 4 years ago

Holy crap you’re gonna get inundated with wtb emails. I’m halfway across the country pondering the time off and vehicle requirements to come get that $500 bowler. I’d say glws but I don’t think you’re gonna need it.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from BCrom24:

I have one in Colorado Springs that I'm looking to part ways with. 1956 United. Clean. All Original. Missing coin door. Some minor mechanical issues (2 pin only retracts part of the time, missing one trip lever on pin deck, multi-player function only works part of the time). I've had it for 7 years, prior to that was in a barn for years (covered no water or rodent issues). $500 as is, where is (comes apart into three pieces - scoring section, front half of lane, back half of lane w/ pin deck). Has service manual and schematics. Ping me at [email protected] if you have interest.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a nice price for a "near functional" bowler. Looks well kept, and as you mentioned - clean!

#9 4 years ago

Hello All!

Looking to find out what this 1961 United Dixie Bowling Alley is worth as is. It lights up, Pins retract when bars are pushed, changes players with button. The balls were returning but, now stopped. It's dirty but, would clean up nice. I need to move it as house its in sold! Attempting to move it out Sunday, Feb. 2 2020.

This is my first time moving one. any advice

IMG_20200116_1333305521 (resized).jpgIMG_20200116_1333305521 (resized).jpg
    #10 4 years ago

Wow! That appears to be in decent cosmetic shape.

EVERYTHING on these puppies (though my only experience is with my Chicago Coin and Bally bowlers) disassembles quite nicely. The head will come off and you may even be able to remove the back board that houses all of those heavy relays by unplugging a Jones plug and lifting on the hinge when it is open.

The pin hood should remove with a few screws and the pin deck will come off as well. You may choose to label screws and plugs, but *generally* there is only one logical place for each plug to go in to. The lane breakdown should be easy to figure out, but watch the wiring harness. There is probably a plug in the coin box area; unplug it before you pull the lanes apart and do NOT damage the Jones plug on it!

Get a couple of beefy friends to help. Dissemble it as MUCH as you can to make it manageable - and I hope you don't have any stairs or stairwells to deal with!

#11 4 years ago

My United (56) came apart "easily" into 4 sections. Score board box, ball return box, lane with pin hood, lane with coinbox.

I'd not recommend taking pin hood off, just my opinion.

Sounds like a thorough cleaning (including motor) and you'll be golden!

Yes, it's way heavy, and stairs are tricky. I removed the railing to get mine out.

Oh, and value wise? Well, pretty subjective. Free - $1500. Considering it NEEDS to be removed soon, I'd go closer to the free end.

No stairs, I'd say $1000 or less is a good bet.

Stairs, I'd start at $750 and lower.

Either way, given decent condition, I'd offer $300 maybe if you really want, free removal if your just toying with the idea.

10 months later
    #12 3 years ago

Any bowlers for sale these days?

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

Any bowlers for sale these days?

Im going to list mine soon. (1957?) Queen big ball bowler in Michigan.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:Any bowlers for sale these days?

What are you looking for?

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bowlerguy:

What are you looking for?

I created an ad, I threw a number out there based on what I paid for it but open to offers.

#16 3 years ago

Also note, if theres a raspberry pi solution for these I think this wouldnt leave the house. Has anyone gone that route with their bowler?

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from huo:

Also note, if theres a raspberry pi solution for these I think this wouldnt leave the house. Has anyone gone that route with their bowler?

Whats that?

#18 3 years ago

Like modernizing the computer with something like a raspberry pi to control the bowler.

#19 3 years ago

There are solid state bowlers out there for sale, but i have never heard of anyone destroying a EM version to do that, not that it has not been done before by someone over the years.

#20 3 years ago

Yeah I agree. I think its time to part ways and maybe get a solid state one for me.

#21 3 years ago

Coin Op Amusements has a minor ball bowler project listed for $1250 on 12/21
    Go to link below and scroll down through the posts.
    https://www.facebook.com/coinopamusement/

3 weeks later
    #23 3 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

Any bowlers available in ohio area

I shoot about a 160. Is it a weekly league? lol Sorry wish I had room for another bowler. Big boy toys.

1 month later
    #25 3 years ago

Anyone have any ball bowlers for sale?

#26 3 years ago

In California. A United Cypress.

1 week later
    #27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bowlerguy:

Anyone have any ball bowlers for sale?

Your site is looking Sold Out! I look all the time around here, nothing but shuffles. I can't believe I found 2 within a month when I started looking for them. Now, zero.

#28 3 years ago

Got a Strike Master available.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Your site is looking Sold Out! I look all the time around here, nothing but shuffles. I can't believe I found 2 within a month when I started looking for them. Now, zero.

Always looking for different games. We have many in stock, but I do like the variety.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pbpins:

Got a Strike Master available.

Thankyou, I am looking for the bowlers from 1956-1973.

1 month later
    #31 2 years ago

Looking for a EM Ball Bowler original from 1958-1964.

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from BCrom24:

I have one in Colorado Springs that I'm looking to part ways with. 1956 United. Clean. All Original. Missing coin door. Some minor mechanical issues (2 pin only retracts part of the time, missing one trip lever on pin deck, multi-player function only works part of the time). I've had it for 7 years, prior to that was in a barn for years (covered no water or rodent issues). $500 as is, where is (comes apart into three pieces - scoring section, front half of lane, back half of lane w/ pin deck). Has service manual and schematics. Ping me at [email protected] if you have interest.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

INside of your bowler, the switches, are gorgeous!!!!

3 months later
    #33 2 years ago

Anyone have a EM Williams Ten Strike Bowler for Sale, or know of one for sale? PM with any info., thankyou.

1 month later
    #34 2 years ago

Thinking of letting go of my 16' United Amazon.

Covid has ceased all social gatherings here it seems. Maybe you've got a circle of friends that would enjoy it?

PM if you're interested.
    Thinking $4k.

Looks like this.
    http://www.pinrepair.com/bowl/amazon.htm

1 year later
    #35 1 year ago

Anyone know of any ball bowlers for sale lately? Starting my search again and hoping to either put one in my house, or at a local establishment.

2 months later
    #36 11 months ago

does anyone have a bowler for sale or looking to move over the next 6 months if so please contact me .... [email protected]

#37 11 months ago
    Quoted from Frogeyes:

does anyone have a bowler for sale or looking to move over the next 6 months if so please contact me .... [email protected]

Adding your location is helpful.

1 week later
    #38 11 months ago
    Quoted from Frogeyes:

www.stl-bb.com

#39 11 months ago
    Quoted from jleng:

Anyone know of any ball bowlers for sale lately? Starting my search again and hoping to either put one in my house, or at a local establishment.

www.stl-bb.com

10 months later
    #40 27 days ago

Looking for a project big ball bowler for sale, any out there available?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-bowlers-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.