Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dsuperbee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Rudy Is A sleep. 2 Sometimes 3 Out of 5 shots into his mouth will bounce straight back out.
I have adjusted the Scope up and down to no avail. I can tell ya that my upper left flipper has a Lot of power behind it. It will smack the fart out of the ball. The EOS, Switch however is adjusted just as the lower flippers. Is this wrong.??
The trap door Opens Fast However I can send the ball around it twice like Lightning before it opens. Just asking maybe there needs to be a pad at the back of the scope in Rudy..?? Any ideas would help.. Thanks..

#2 9 years ago

Is the right strength coil use on the upper left flipper? I would guess it might be too powerful and causing the bounce outs.

#3 9 years ago

Good Idea. But it happens to be the Factory Coil..Numbers matched to the Operator's Manual. The Bouncing thing only started Happening in the last 30 or so games.

#4 9 years ago

Weird. Never seen that, myself. If it's the correct coil, there's no reason for the flipper to be too strong ... something with the rubber?

#5 9 years ago

Ball bounces out of Rudy's mouth on mine as well, makes it really hard to start multiball. Like to know if anyone else has had this issue and came up with a solution or if it is adjustment based.

#6 9 years ago

Thats Cool Shimoda... Not that you're having the same Issue.. That i'm not alone on this one...

#7 9 years ago

I've never had an issue with mine. I would suggest using some washers between the scoop and the screws to drop it slightly, and maybe some dead stop foam that pinbits sells.

#8 9 years ago

That's the Kind of Idea I was looking for... Dead stop foam... thanks. Any one else has a Idea.. Just jump right in...

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Diller:

The trap door Opens Fast However I can send the ball around it twice like Lightning before it opens. Just asking maybe there needs to be a pad at the back of the scope in Rudy..?? Any ideas would help.. Thanks..

So you are saying the speed of the ball has increased suddenly on just the upper flipper? In theory a turn to turn short could act like you removed a length of wire from the coil increasing the coil's strength.

#10 9 years ago

Turn to turn short, Did not think of that one. Swapped out the coil. And checked the Voltage allround. And all is in Specks.. I have worked very hard in fine tuning my flippers since I got the Machine June the 1st of this year. And I can say they are some flipping son of a guns..
I was going to add some drop dead fome As Dsuperbee Suggested, but i was fresh out. However I did add the washers as he suggested, dropping the whole scope assembly 3/16 of an inch. And That did the Trick.. Awesome..
So now the ball hits the curved part and goes right into the hole instead of the flat part in the back of the scope.... Thanks..

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Diller:

Turn to turn short, Did not think of that one. Swapped out the coil. And checked the Voltage allround. And all is in Specks.. I have worked very hard in fine tuning my flippers since I got the Machine June the 1st of this year. And I can say they are some flipping son of a guns..
I was going to add some drop dead fome As Dsuperbee Suggested, but i was fresh out. However I did add the washers as he suggested, dropping the whole scope assembly 3/16 of an inch. And That did the Trick.. Awesome..
So now the ball hits the curved part and goes right into the hole instead of the flat part in the back of the scope.... Thanks..

Glad it worked for you. I have had to do this on a few games to help curb bounce outs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 40.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-bouncing-out-of-rudys-mouth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.