Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by waffen_spain
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_2189 (resized).jpg
IMG_8550 (resized).jpg
IMG_8536 (resized).jpg
jjp_wireform (resized).jpg
20170908_141326 (resized).jpg
20170908_141340 (resized).jpg
20170908_141347 (resized).jpg
20170908_141937 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I am having difficulties with my Dialed In. When the ball returns from the left ramp shot to the left in-lane, many times, it will bounce out in the adjacent in-lane or even into the ball drain area after it hits the end of the ramp above the left most left in-lane. The game is level side to side. I have it at about 7.2 degree pitch.
Thanks

#2 1 year ago

Is the drop hole centered above the inlane? If not loosen the nut and adjust it.

#3 1 year ago

Yeah move the drop hole around as stated above. This actually happened a bunch with me at first and then the game maybe "broke in" and hasn;t happened since

#4 1 year ago

The ball doesn't even make down the hole in the wireform. It bounces off the rounded end of the wireform and out.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

The ball doesn't even make down the hole in the wireform. It bounces off the rounded end of the wireform and out.

Quoted from TheLaw:

This actually happened a bunch with me at first and then the game maybe "broke in" and hasn;t happened since

You just got your game an hour ago it seems? Follow John_I advice and then just wait to see if it settles in like mine did.

Unless of course somone has a better option...anyone?

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You just got your game an hour ago it seems? Follow John_I advice and then just wait to see if it settles in like mine did.
Unless of course somone has a better option...anyone?

I am not sure what you mean by "You just got your game an hour ago it seems?"

The wireform is perfectly centered over the in-lane. If anything, the problem has gotten worse over the last couple days

#7 1 year ago

See if one of the welds broke on the wireform near the exit.

#9 1 year ago

Just for testing purposes, put your leg levelers all the way in and make sure it's level and then play a few games.

#10 1 year ago

Ok. Thanks for the suggestions. I will keep workin on it.

#11 1 year ago

What's the build date on your DI? Word was that was common with early machines, but there was a ramp redesign to fix it.

#12 1 year ago

Mine jumps sometimes if hit on the fly super hard..... it seems to be getting better the more i play tho

#13 1 year ago

I just got my DI about a week and a half ago and am having the same problem . Game was built Aug 6th. I know I can turn the flipper down but it does not seem like it should be weaker. I thing the ramp should handle it at the factory setting flipper strength.
Any fix ideas greatly appreciated.

#14 1 year ago

I know they had to redesign the ramp on the Hobbit. I just got my game this past week. I will check the build date. I have a ticket in at JJP for this and a couple other problems.

#15 1 year ago

Production ramps on DI have had no changes whatsoever since the start of the build.

#16 1 year ago

Unti a 'fix" is found you could place a strong magnet on the underside of the wire ramp to slow the ball down a bit just before the curve.

#17 1 year ago

I have found a solution for now. I placed a second washer under the loop of the wireform at the connection to the top post around the left slingshot to raise it just a little. Since then, I have not had a bounce out. The ball bounces back up the ramp about an inch or so and then rolls down the hole as it should.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

I have found a solution for now. I placed a second washer under the loop of the wireform at the connection to the top post around the left slingshot to raise it just a little. Since then, I have not had a bounce out. The ball bounces back up the ramp about an inch or so and then rolls down the hole as it should.

Can you post a pic of the fix?

#19 1 year ago

It is still a little iffy. The ball bounced out once or twice tonight. Let me play with a little longer. Basically all I did was to take a #8 washer and place it on the post at the top of the left slingshot under the ramp wireform hook that attaches there to raise up the ramp just a bit. I am going to be moving the machine to a different location in my collection and I am going to re-level it then also.

#20 1 year ago

This is a known issue - affects mine and everyone I know who owns the machine. On mine it's really bad....the ball bounces over the inlane guide and you lose the ball 50% of the time. The other half of the time, it flies out and ends up on one of the flippers. Contacted JJP a few times on this - no solution available. It's gotten worse over time.

#21 1 year ago

I haven't had this problem on my DI yet but I did have this problem on my Indiana Jones. All it took was putting a tiny post rubber at the end of the habitrail to slow the ball enough to stop the bounce-outs.

#22 1 year ago

I tried putting split tiny rubber on the end of the wire form. Worked great for about 10 hits. It turns slightly with each hit and finally the ball is hitting it right on the split and knocks it off.

#23 1 year ago

I've had this same problem since I got my DI, tried all sorts of tweaks and adjustments to no avail. Something just isn't right with it and I'm kind of glad to hear others are having the same issue and it isn't just me. Need a good solution but I am stumped, I tried adjustments of wireform in all sorts of way, some decrease it but ultimately still bounces back strongly when it hits the end or bounces off the wireform at least 25% of the time.

#24 1 year ago

How many game plays you all have? Mine did it for a while but has basically. stopped now after lots of play and a few ajustments. I bent the wireform switch wires up to hit the center of the ball which helped alot. I also put a thick washer on sling where it is attached . Also bent wireform up . Plus i have around 250 plays now.

#25 1 year ago

What's you incline set at? We had this problem at a show...before we realized that the leg levelers in the back should be all the way 'down'. That will set the pitch at the proper 6.5 (I think it was 6.5..might be 6).

We had the back levelers cranked all the way up. Once we made this change the ball rattling around on the left ramp and out... went away

#26 1 year ago

My legs are up putting my pin around 7 degrees. I was having issues with bounce outs but bent these switches up and added a washer and bent the wireforn down some . So far it has helped alot ... 20170908_141937 (resized).jpg20170908_141347 (resized).jpg20170908_141340 (resized).jpg20170908_141326 (resized).jpg

#27 1 year ago

That is a rear leg and you say it is at 7 degrees? When I set up a game, I put the fronts all the way down and the rear all the way up. That usually gives around 7 degrees.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

That is a rear leg and you say it is at 7 degrees? When I set up a game, I put the fronts all the way down and the rear all the way up. That usually gives around 7 degrees.

Di cabinet . is made so when the legs are totally in (front and back) its at around 6.5 on flat ground....

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

My b/w pins are like u mention tho

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

My b/w pins are like u mention tho

Ok I guess that makes sense. I have WOZ to the max in the back, so I assumed DI was similar.

#31 1 year ago

Pat Lawlor specifically said at last Expo the game should be 6.5 with everything flat. No need to turn the castors except for uneven floor.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

Pat Lawlor specifically said at last Expo the game should be 6.5 with everything flat. No need to turn the castors except for uneven floor.

I like my games around 7.... just a preference and i like the way they play at that angle..

#33 1 year ago

I am going to move my game this weekend and I will turn down the pitch with the rear levelers further in and see if that helps. Not sure I want to start bending up the wireform or switches just yet. Thanks for all the input.

#34 1 year ago

I set the leg levelers all the way down all the way around as suggested and made sure all of the legs were on properly. It has not settled into the carpet yet but I played a few games. No bounce out's yet. The nose of the bubble in the level to the right of the shooter lane right now lies just below the second line.

#35 1 year ago

Lowered my back leg levelers and it has stopped bouncing out on ours so far. It still hits and bounces back to the turn but does not jump out. My guess is adding the washer to the sling post under ramp mount is doing the same thing by lifting the pitch of ramp with out lowering the steepness of the game.

#36 1 year ago

I've determined also that leveling of the game has a big impact on the bounce outs. I recently increased the steepness of my game and for some reason now they only bounce out 1/4 of the time instead of every time.

What kills me is for a Pat-designed game, he didn't bother carrying over mechanisms from TAF that worked so well. The TAF ramp return design makes bounce-outs impossible. Why wasn't this used on DI?

Why wasn't the cell phone kickout designed like the swamp kickout in TAF so a ball from the subway could be in there and shots to the cell hole still get counted?

This stuff baffles me. He designed one of the classic games of all-time and all he borrowed from it is the side ramp design and some sound effects. "Crazy!"

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Why wasn't the cell phone kickout designed like the swamp kickout in TAF so a ball from the subway could be in there and shots to the cell hole still get counted?

Oooh, I've yelled at that one a couple of times - it's a tough shot to have _count_ in a 4- or 5-ball multiball.

1 month later
#38 1 year ago

I’m having this problem too. It shouldn’t be doing this. I traded in an LE for a CE and the LE worked fine. Has anyone had any luck with a solution?

#39 1 year ago

Make sure your game is properly levelled at 6.5 degrees. Your leg levellers should be screwed in right to the top on all four legs.

1 month later
#40 1 year ago

I took off the glass tonight, and shot a bunch of balls up the left ramp, and watched closely as it made its way down to the wireform just to bounce off at the end and often land right in the drain. What appears to be happening is that the ball is hitting the the end of the rail on the left side, and because it is a bit low, it just rockets right off the edge, or deflects onto the other side. So as you'll see in the image, if you raise left top rail, you will create a barrier that it can't hop, and it will give your ball only the option of dropping into the hole as it should.

Be careful. I did mine with a little frustration in me, and ended up peeling off some of the plating with my pliers. I am expecting a replacement from JJP, so hopefully they can take my notes and make the adjustments for me.

This should be a permanent fix, so please get back to me if you try it, and let me know how it works out.

Cheers

jjp_wireform (resized).jpg

#41 1 year ago

I replaced the rubbers yesterday and adjusted this ramp without having to bend the ramp (pushing it ~1/4" toward the player). As you found out, these ramps don't bend easily.

First photo is the old location and the second is the new/improved location. Haven't done exhaustive testing, but hasn't skipped off the ramp yet. This issue hasn't been that much of a problem for me, but still wanted to improve it.

snaroff

IMG_8536 (resized).jpg
IMG_8550 (resized).jpg

#42 1 year ago

I posted this picture in another thread, but my game (built 12/11/17) has a new plastic over the top of the habitrail...

IMG_2189 (resized).jpg

#43 1 year ago

It's funny that they created this plastic thing when the solution was much easier. I've now owned two DILEs. The first, the ball flew off the left wireform every other ball. The new machine, it has never flown off.

The difference? The top part of the wireform (the part that plays the role of ball stopper) in the new one is angled a little further towards the back of the machine then the bottom part. This causes the ball to 'collapse' down when it hits the end. Whereas in the old one the top and bottom parts were even so it would hit and then bounce all over the place. Fixing this yourself is not easy. Request a new wireform. There is absolutely no need for this new plastic piece if you get a wireform with the proper alignment.

#44 1 year ago

I am still having this problem with my game. If the ball doesn't bounce off of the ramp it hits the end of the ramp and goes back up the ramp a an inch or so. I have watched videos of many other DI's and I see most balls drop in the hole as soon as it gets there. Mine is playable but really frustrating. I have leveled, tweaked and tried every other trick I have seen people post about without a resolution. Should I contact JJP about this?

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

I am still having this problem with my game. If the ball doesn't bounce off of the ramp it hits the end of the ramp and goes back up the ramp a an inch or so. I have watched videos of many other DI's and I see most balls drop in the hole as soon as it gets there. Mine is playable but really frustrating. I have leveled, tweaked and tried every other trick I have seen people post about without a resolution. Should I contact JJP about this?

It's the wireform itself. I altered mine as a test, and pretty much corrected it. If I had the right tools, I could adjust it to play as it should in the games you've watched.

Mine also bounces back a bit before dropping into the hole, and it disrupts the flow of the game in my opinion.

Even with that plastic cover, I'm certain this will still happen. It just will not longer bounce out.

I'm awaiting a new wireform from JJP, and hope it will be right this time. They're also sending me the plastic cover.

1 year later
#46 31 days ago

I have this pin NIB, very dissapointed with the quality control.

First Game fails.

Ball trough was not detecting the balls, connector needed to clamp wires firmly again to work.

BOBS trap door opened one time and never closed again, mechanism came unadjusted from factory.

Left ramp makes ball jump over the flippers 80% of the times.

The moving target at the center of the playfield, rubs against the pinball glass.

Very expensive piece of machinery (LE) to be delivered without any testing at Factory.

Also the cheap black plastic ball at the shooter is not a nice detail.

#47 31 days ago

Spread the arms out slightly to lower the lightning bolt so it doesn’t hit the glass (or file off the tip of the point).
Plastic ramp cover bracket is available that will prevent the bounce outs from the ramp return to the inlane.
Not sure what you mean about the shooter lane.

#48 31 days ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Spread the arms out slightly to lower the lightning bolt so it doesn’t hit the glass (or file off the tip of the point).
Plastic ramp cover bracket is available that will prevent the bounce outs from the ramp return to the inlane.
Not sure what you mean about the shooter lane.

Thanks! I will try to spread the arms, I hope I don't break anything hahahaha.

The cheap black plastic ball at the shooter rod sucks, its very cheap,made of two welded plastic parts, worse shooter rod I ever saw on any pinball.

shooter (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,000.00
$ 279.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodstock, GA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Orlando, FL
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 189.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 21.00
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cumberland, RI
$ 9,000.00
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside