69 days ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 68 days ago by thebeam85
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png

#1 69 days ago

Hi I have a Captain Fantastic that I have been working on for a few years. This machine had tons of issues and was an arcade game in Chicago.It has over 90000 plays on it. I had a professional come out to look it today and he couldn't figure out what the issue is.I cleaned up all the steppers and he said that they are all working as they should be. The machine will only play 4 players and when it gets to player 4 it stays there. I could play 100 balls and it will not move from player 4 ball 1. The professional told me that the relays are not getting a signal but didn't know what was causing that. He cleaned some contacts on the score motor and checked the steppers but no change in the game. Any ideas of what is happening. Thanks

#2 69 days ago

I'll be following. I have the same game and one of the same issues. Will just keep giving balls, doesn't know when to stop. I am guessing it is a switch adjustment but haven't had time to work on it. Hopefully someone will chime in.

#3 69 days ago
Quoted from thebeam85:

The machine will only play 4 players

If the Coin Unit reset solenoid doesn't activate when you reset the game, inspect and diagnose this circuit with alligator clip jumper wires.
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

Pinball (resized).png
#4 69 days ago

Thanks for the reply. The coin reset advances when I press the credit button. No matter what position it is in the game plays 4 players

#5 69 days ago

The ball count stepper does not move

#6 69 days ago
Quoted from thebeam85:

The ball count stepper does not move

The next step is to inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires.

Pinball (resized).png
#7 68 days ago

Does the player advance correctly for the first four balls of the game? In other words, does it correctly go from player 1 ball 1, to player 2 ball 1, player 3 ball 1 and finally to player 4 ball 1? If so, then the Player Up Unit Step Up Solenoid at the top of howardr's schematic above is working which means that the first three switches to the Ball Count Step Up Solenoid are working.

And if I understood correctly the game behaves the same for all four positions of the Coin Unit disc too, right?

If that's all true, the one thing in common to all those scenarios is the Score Motor 3D switch in the center of howardr's schematic. That would seem to be the most likely culprit.

/Mark

#8 68 days ago

Mark G Yes that is exactly what is happening. Only plays 4 players and stops at player 4. After that player 4 can play forever and the machine stays on ball 1. I noticed that the ball count stepper doesn't move. Thanks

#9 68 days ago

OK I took switch 3 apart on the score motor cleaned everything really well and put it back together(about 4 times) and it is working great!! Thanks for all the help. This page is awesome!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 21.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 89.00
Boards
Pappy's Pinball Palace
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods
$ 15.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 16.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside