Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PersonX99
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

New to EM here. Acquired a Gottlieb Scuba which worked when I picked it up. When I got it home, I can select one or two players. However, after ball 1 drains on Player1, it immediately lights Game Over.

-Checked the tilt switches and they seem to be working correctly.
-Manually advanced coil on player unit and verfied the ball number advanced and lights up correctly through ball 5 and game over for both players.
-On startup, the player unit resets correctly (i.e. the coil is working)

Any ideas on what I should check next? Been reading up on everything EM as much as I can. These are a bit different from SS.

#2 9 years ago

Suggest you check operation of your ball count unit.

#3 9 years ago

Since this is a 2-player, there isn't a separate Ball Count unit; the ball count function is part of the Player Unit.

I don't have a Scuba schematic, but will see what similar era I do have and take a peek at ideas.

#4 9 years ago

Is the Control Bank of relays resetting on startup?

Do you have the schematic for it? If so, does it have an 'XB' relay? (Last Ball relay).

#5 9 years ago

I had a scuba did same thing. It was the zero positiin switch in player unit.

#6 9 years ago

I was able to fix the problem. A switch wasn't making proper contact.
This machine is pretty filthy which is sad because I believe it has been in a home collection for a while.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-1-drains-gameover-on-gottlieb-scuba and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.