(Topic ID: 125769)

BadCats seafood wheel only makes 1/2 rotation then stops

By indypinhead

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

My BadCats seafood wheel spins, but it only makes about a half revolution then suddenly stops.

Does that sound like I need to replace the motor?

#2 9 years ago

Check the optos first.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Does that sound like I need to replace the motor?

Nope.

#4 9 years ago

Also, the LM339 chip can go bad, was the issue on my wheel. It was intermittent at best. Replaced several things, not fixed. Replaced the 339, all good. It's located on the board attached to the wheel IIRC. Inexpensive as well. Good part to have a few back ups of.

#5 9 years ago

I have several LM339 chips.

Thanks for the help guys.

#6 9 years ago

post pics of it.

#7 9 years ago

Mine used to do that.
It was the small hex head grub screw that held it on the shaft had come loose.

#8 8 years ago

More info on the seafood wheel. Same mech is in Cyclone, Diner, Jokerz, Riverboat Gambler, Scared Stiff.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-bad-cats-seafood-wheel

Have to test that the switch in the switch matrix for the opto is being recognized, test the opto itself, check the voltages, make sure the wheel is mounted correctly and tripping the opto, make sure the solenoid drivers are working. Typical wheel motion problems come from either a switch matrix problem, bad opto or bad diode(s) on the motor controller board.

viperrwk

#9 8 years ago

FWIW, I had a Cyclone that had a consistent error, even though all the electronics was working well. So I took the motor out and turned the shaft with my fingers. There was a 'grittiness' to the bearings, so I figured that the motor was toast. So I put the tiniest drops of teflon oil on the bearings and spun the shaft. Felt a bit better. So I put another couple tiny drops on the bearings and put it all back together. Ran it on wheel test all night. A lot fewer errors. I kept this procedure up intermittently for a few days, and then the wheel was working well. It's been over ten years now and no wheel issues. Damn thing just dried out.

Don C.

2 years later
#10 6 years ago

Did you get your problem solved??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.99
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/badcats-seafood-wheel-only-makes-12-rotation-then-stops and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.