Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinmike
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cherga.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I’ve never posted anything about another Pinsider but feel it’s necessary in this case. I purchased a machine from Deerlakes6 that was not as described and after informing him of such, he stopped responding, so I posted negative feedback about the transaction and he felt the need to post negative feedback in retaliation. I’m an honest buyer and seller and believe that if there is someone buying or selling machines that may not be, then the community should know about it and further, if the seller stops responding and doesn’t offer anything to make it right, there is nothing wrong with posting negative feedback about the transaction. My feedback and interaction with fellow Pinsiders speaks for itself.

We’ve all bought machines that weren’t up to our expectations, however I’ve never bought a machine that the seller outright lied about as having “no issues”. Below is the feedback I left for Deerlakes6 which was an honest representation of what occurred.

“ Deerlakes6 contacted me about an ad I had for a machine I wanted. His exact response to my ad was "...I have a nice Genesis with no issues...". He quickly wanted to move away from Pinside messaging to discuss on the phone where he told me there was nothing wrong with the machine and that he had no room for it anymore. His location was nearly 4 hours away and I wasn't keen on driving that distance so he agreed to meet me half way. I told him we had a deal via text if he could assure me it was 100% working. Instead of texting back, he called and assured me it was 100% working on the phone (I should have seen the red flag). We met and completed the deal. After setting the machine up at home I was met with several functional issues, none of which could have occurred during transport (cut and exposed wires, bad transistors, seized motor). I texted him about it to which he replied... it worked when he left and didn't know what could have happened in transport and apologized if I thought he "jammed me up". I sent follow up messages with photos and requested some reimbursement for the parts and repairs needed to get the machine functional due to his dishonest representation of the machine having "no issues"... you guessed it, no response.

I've made several "parking lot" transactions with Pinsiders and have never had an experience like this. Pinsiders beware! If you're dealing with Deerlakes6, be very careful and don't buy anything without going through it thoroughly and most certainly don't take him at his word because unlike physical condition that can be seen, functional issues cannot and you must play and inspect to ensure no issues. Lesson learned by me for sure!”

His retaliatory feedback for me is below:

“ He seems like a very nice guy when iij met him to give him a game..I sent him pics which he examined b4 I delivered the game..it worked perfectly when I brought it to him..now he is complaining that things don't work right on the machine..I don't know what he could have done in transportation..now he is giving me negative feedback which I believe
    is unnecessary..he has now been complaining about issues that are out of my control..don't think he is a bad person but in pinball something can always happen to a machine and he should know that..we have all had issues with machines and not always is it the seller's fault..next Time he is looking for something beware of what may happen if something isn't right when he gets home with it..I'm sure he won't do business with me either but oh well..I feel terrible his game isn't working correctly..but blaming me just isn't right..but that's what negative people do I guess”

He references sending me pictures which I examined. That’s correct, on a machine that has no issues I’m expecting to see what’s wrong with it physically in pictures. I know I should have requested game play videos however I suppose I’m too trusting and have been lucky in all of my buying experiences until now. He then writes that the machine worked perfectly when he brought it to me and then went on to say he doesn’t know what “he” meaning me, could have done to it in transport. That’s just brazen disregard of the situation and me... he transported it too, yet, he felt the need to put it on me. Getting to the issues, I’ve transported dozens of machines and have never had a dual EOS switch have half of the switch completely disappear and the associated wires be cleanly cut and tucked up inside the drain hole under the playfield... maybe a gremlin or a malicious but talented mouse? I’ve also never had lamps that didn’t work after being replaced on a machine with “no issues”... and I’ve also never had a transistor blow in transport which was the resultant problem with the lamps. Finally, I’ve never had a machine with a motor that shows no physical damage stop working from being transported. I’m well aware things happen in transport but from my perspective the issues I’ve mentioned occurring from transporting the machine are very unlikely.

He then goes on to warn Pinsiders about me if something isn’t right when I buy a machine and get it home. Again, my feedback speaks for itself and if you represent your machine honestly, there won’t be any complaints from me... and up until now, I haven’t had a single issue with anything I’ve bought or sold. He finishes by saying blaming him for the issues isn’t right, not sure who else would be to blame here, especially with the EOS issues. He then attacks my character by calling me a “negative person”. I’m not sure how he made that assessment as I’m about as far from negative as one can get however I suppose he needed to come up with something as to why I wasn’t happy with the transaction. If I buy a machine that “works perfectly with no issues” I expect a machine that works perfectly no issues. If that makes me a negative person, then I suppose he’s right.

Looking for a moderators opinion on this as I’m not happy receiving unfounded retaliatory feedback.

#8 4 years ago

Thanks, I’ll post there. Didn’t know that area existed.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

Never buy a pinball machine you cannot plug in and play/test first. What was the sale price of said machine?

Sale price was $1500 and for this title it’s on the high end of the spectrum.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from modfather:

So , to be clear you didnt feel like driving down the whole way because it was an inconvenience to you , and you felt you wanted to trust the seller with a highly complex piece of electronics, wiring , motors, lights in a box that has "no Issues" on a 34 year old game ? Would you have bought a 34 year old car without driving it ? Would you have bought the car based on pictures and what the seller says? Of course not. Then you come on a public forum to sully his reputation, come on man. These where your actions that you arranged , and now you regret them. These are used games , and should be inspected in person ( which you could have done ). If you cannot inspect them in person, you are at risk of these common problems when buying sight unseen. Learn from your mistakes, don't blame others.

Point taken and lesson learned however 50% of the machines I’ve acquired have been sight unseen and some have had issues which sellers made known. Had the issues been disclosed, that would have been fine but it certainly would have changed my offer price. I don’t regret my actions and I very well could have driven to see the game in person and chose not to and that’s on me but doesn’t change the fact that the game was misrepresented as having no issues.

#17 4 years ago

Draining the post and requesting Moderator review per YeOldPinPlayer

#18 4 years ago

Not sure if he knew there was a lane change however the wires to the eos switch were conveniently hidden and tucked away. As for the motor, he said it worked perfectly before he left for the trip and after that, he stopped responding to me.

#20 4 years ago

Absolutely, lesson learned.

#23 4 years ago

Agreed and the motor is my big issue. If I can find one, it’s going to cost me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cherga.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-seller-retaliatory-negative-feedback-deerlakes6?tu=cherga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.