is-it-plugged-in.jpg
image-375.jpg
Unknown-233.jpeg
JE.jpg
image-900.jpg
image-95.jpg
arm_01.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 9 years ago

I don't think Gribbs is gonna come back to this thread ,,,,,

ashamed.jpgashamed.jpg
#52 9 years ago

If I buy a game I expect it to have something wrong with it by the time I get it home. I bought an acdc from a friend of a friend. Got it home and a little while later a flipper transister blew. It happens.

#53 9 years ago

I know excatly what it is theres a simple plug on the back it came loose same thing happen to me on my twd

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I know excatly what it is theres a simple plug on the back it came loose same thing happen to me on my twd

Did Stern pay for your service call?

#55 9 years ago

I bought RobT's CQ MM once and when I got it home, it was a WCS! I was soo pissed.

...things happen in transit

#56 9 years ago

I hate when I buy a non working machine and when I get it home, it works. Happened several times to me.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

A little shirt opened rasslin! I figured that is what you like being a Patriot fan.

Unknown-233.jpeg 5 KB

Centerflank I wouldn't be talking ....you're a packer fan.... ( trash talk fun )

image-363.jpgimage-363.jpg
#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Brypten:

When people ask if I warranty or guarantee the pinball machine I am selling, this is what I tell them: "I guarantee that it will break"
Crappy post from the buyer.

That reminds me of when I was having our backyard done, which included laying a significant amount of concrete.

I asked the contractor if there was some type of guarantee regarding the concrete cracking. He said "Yes! We do have an actual guarantee. We guarantee you that the concrete *will* crack!"

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Remind me to never sell a pin to Gribbs.

Don't mind sayn' it, but yeah. Gribbs, you are out.

#60 9 years ago

Almost every game I have bought "100% working" was not 100% (I think IM was the exeption; oh wait, a one of the LED's was flaky... OMG!).

I bought a LoTR from a guy, took the ferry to Port Angeles, met in a parking lot. We shoved the game in my van. I shoved a stack of hundreds in his hand. He didn't stop to count the money; I didn't look too closely at the game other than "yeah, that's a HOU LoTR with no obvious alarming defects".

Trust allows for fast deals; blind trust can get you screwed though. After talking with this fellow, I felt I trusted him enough to do this deal, he did not scew me over, I did not screw him over.

Guess what? A few bulbs were out; a bulb socket was munged a bit, and one of the wires leading into the balrog was intermittent (worked when balrog was open, not when closed). I didn't rain hellfire down on the seller. I didn't even mention it. I almost expect things like that in a used game, even if HUO (it was ~9 years old when I bought it, not months, but still).

Can one of the mods edit the title to be "bad buyer thread: Gribbs"? And please, try to post his personal name if at all possible...

#61 9 years ago

this post reminds me of the time I sold a guy a pin that said he was a ''noob''...

Sold him a DE Playboy and friendly warned him about the playfield glass (it was severely chipped) I offered to keep the glass, or just for him to be careful because they can shatter...

Long story short, he blasted me on pinside because of that warning, saying it was a bullshit warning and blah blah..

Had I known, I would have told him to place it on concrete in between cleanings

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

If I buy a game I expect it to have something wrong with it by the time I get it home. I bought an acdc from a friend of a friend. Got it home and a little while later a flipper transister blew. It happens.

Come on "expect" - I have shipped pins legs on , plugged in and 100%. I never expect it , but will accept it.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Well of course I plugged it in. Sheesh!
is-it-plugged-in.jpg 47 KB

This reminds me of a dumb ass moment that happened with me quite a few years ago. I was helping a friend figure out why his satellite TV service stopped working suddenly. I was pretty technically savvy and thought I knew everything.

We spent several hours looking at settings, rebooting, checking cables up on the second story going to the dish, then finally calling customer tech support. I/we were convinced it had to be a problem on their end and were very frustrated by then. The symptoms were that the box/dvr worked fine, but couldn't get a signal on one of the inputs (I may not remember all of this part exactly, but it was something like this).

So anyway, get a tech on the phone and it was a female. I admit I probably was harboring some gender bias at this point. I mean what could a girl know about tech (sorry ladies I was stupid then), but figured she would be able to make some mystery adjustment in their system and everything would be fixed - after all we had determined it couldn't possibly be on our end.

So she starts with the basics and wants to go over the same things we already did - reboot, check settings, look at cables in the back again, etc. I was arguing with her "I already did all that - it's on your end". She was calm and pleasant while I was getting annoyed and snarky. After more back and forth I agreed to humor her so she would escalate the call to someone else who could figure out "their" problem and fix it.

So, we start over, and she insists I check the cables again. I look at the mess of cables buried in the back of the entertainment center and tell her yep everything looks fine, we never changed anything so it couldn't possibly be that. She insisted I look at each cable closely and - dammit to hell one of the coax cable connectors was plugged in just fine, but the cable itself was laying on floor.

It was at this point I knew what a complete idiot I/we were and sure enough plugged the wire back into the connector and everything was fine. I then had to confess this to the nice tech lady who I was being an ass to. I felt really bad about it and would have deserved her to say some shit to me, but she just said something like glad I could help, thanks for being our customer.

#64 9 years ago

threads like this make me nervous as a seller, i know im a good seller , im straight up if something isnt right , but im currently selling a machine and have agreed to drive a couple hours one way to reduce the buyers drive, this means he wont be able to fire it up . Threads like this guys thread make me feel scared for transporting my baby to meet the person. Luckily i know the buyer is a bonafide pinhead with many machines and his experience will come in handy if a cable should vibrate loose (our highways are terrible )

#65 9 years ago

You should edit your original post to "don't be a dumb shit and buy a game without playing it" you have no baseline like others have stated. Besides you missed out on a chance to play pinball with another pin junky. You bury your head in the sand and say any problems are yours because I refuse to engage. Your bad.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from OldHarley:

You should edit your original post to "don't be a dumb shit and buy a game without playing it" you have no baseline like others have stated.

Let's be careful not to blame the victim here.

Even if he played the game, it still could break the moment he moved it an inch.

Playing the game does NOT insure it will arrive at it's final destination unscathed.

#67 9 years ago

This thread is silly. Get a tech and get it fixed and enjoy that thing! This has happened to me multiple times and I've tested the pin when I've picked it up. It just happens. And it sucks.
You'll feel better when you start playing it!

#68 9 years ago

You would have been better served starting a technical help thread as opposed to one ripping the seller.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Even if he played the game, it still could break the moment he moved it an inch.
Playing the game does NOT insure it will arrive at it's final destination unscathed.

Right, but at least he could say "hmm, the lights were working when I played it (and hey, the seller wasn't being shady, huh) so it's likely I shook a connector loose on the way home".

#70 9 years ago

Minus 28 and counting...

Some well respected Pinsiders have spoken (and loudly)--OP, you could have handled this a lot better...

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I agree with you vid but if he would have played the game first and it played 100% this topic probably never would have been posted. Right on Aurich.

#73 9 years ago

Funny crickets from the OP.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Definitely true, but let's also face it: I think one of the main reasons the OP is so pissed is the fact that he didn't play the pin first, so when he gets it home and it's not 100%, he immediately concludes that the seller sold it to him knowing that it had issues.

I also think the OP is probably pissed off at himself for not playing the game before loading it up, but he's taking it out on the seller.

#75 9 years ago

and the OP has just pulled a amd-houdini-jpg.jpgamd-houdini-jpg.jpg

#76 9 years ago

A fellow Pinsider just picked up my HS, drove 4 hours one way. We went over the game with a fine tooth comb and he played it for about 15 min. Everything worked perfect and he was impressed, hopefully when he gets it home it will work 100% also. I think it will though.

#77 9 years ago

I bought my Flintstones from Jason. It arrived with only issue a loose ground at the coin door. Otherwise as advertised, communication was quick and clear too. Transported from California to Canada too so that could easily have happened in transit. On the deal he stated it needed a shopping, which I looked after and a year later is still flawless.

#78 9 years ago

I've bought 4 pins from Gribbs. He's a good friend of mine and has always been good to deal with. My guess is, he was frustrated and tired when he posted this. My guess is he'll revisit this later and do the right thing. I've never known him to be unreasonable.

Hope you get your new pin issues sorted and working, buddy. Nice pickup.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Remind me to never sell a pin to Gribbs.

I'm starting to think with all the posts about tanking machine values and gripes about machines, I should never sell a pin, period.

#80 9 years ago

Sh't happens..all the time..any time..nothing new here.
Some famous person said:

And now *you* understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off.

#81 9 years ago

a good thread read. feel for both parties... have been kind of on both sides before. Maybe not a brand new game sort of thing and all.

Definite lesson learned (well..... RELEARNED) from this conversation/opinions: Look over , play, test, open up, check boards EVERY GAME before taking ownership (paying). Don't be in a rush. Ask questions! Because the kind of rule of thumb: "Buyer beware, once you buy it its yours and no liability assured by seller."

The good thing for the buyer is that I am sure with the tech savoy bunch on the pinside group he could ask a few questions, make a few points, note some stuff and exact actions of game as its "faulting" and he will probably get the help he needs to get that Walking Dead playing 100% sooner than he thinks.

Lastly: An old boss taught me years ago, "it takes a lot of energy to argue and be negative" -- lets all kiss-and-make-out (opps make-up!)

#82 9 years ago

OP ain't gonna last long in this hobby if he doesn't sack up.

The original post is absolutely ridiculous.

#83 9 years ago

I had a potential trade lined up with the OP, but this thread has changed my mind.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

threads like this make me nervous as a seller, i know im a good seller , im straight up if something isnt right , but im currently selling a machine and have agreed to drive a couple hours one way to reduce the buyers drive, this means he wont be able to fire it up . Threads like this guys thread make me feel scared for transporting my baby to meet the person. Luckily i know the buyer is a bonafide pinhead with many machines and his experience will come in handy if a cable should vibrate loose (our highways are terrible )

Now that I've sold a few myself, I have to agree. This is why I took less on my Transformers sale. I had a nice buyer interested from Ontario but.... Id prefer 100% the buyer come/look/play/inspect with a fine tooth comb if needed. Then pay me and then carry it out yourself since its now your game. If a buyer would complain after that, I wouldn't even waste my time replying.

Plus as most have been saying, shit happens. I bought my TZ 100% no issues, shortly after one of the clock optos went, that's life and I would never get upset about it.

#85 9 years ago

I have had several games that lost a connector or something else in transit. You could simply fold the head down and a wire catches something and pulls off, breaks etc., stuff does happen.

Usually a little investigation goes a long way. Plenty of support here and locally to the Buyer, many people willing to assist. I am sure this will be resolved with little effort, as well as the seller/buyer situation.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Then pay me and then carry it out yourself since its now your game.

did you really make him carry it out himself? "Sorry bro, your game, you move it!!" *counts hundreds, sips Moosehead*

#87 9 years ago

Add me to the long list of folks who have had nothing but great dealings with Jason. I hope everything works out for the OP. It sounds like a simple fix, and as a fellow TWD owner, that is the nicest one I've ever seen.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

did you really make him carry it out himself? "Sorry bro, your game, you move it!!" *counts hundreds, sips Moosehead*

Moosehead, he says. Hahahaha!

I always help buyers move the game, but if the game is on a hand truck, I make sure they're the one behind it. If the game gets dropped, I don't want to be the one doing the dropping.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That reminds me of when I was having our backyard done, which included laying a significant amount of concrete.
I asked the contractor if there was some type of guarantee regarding the concrete cracking. He said "Yes! We do have an actual guarantee. We guarantee you that the concrete *will* crack!"

thats what my concrete guy said too. lol

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I did, mostly because I have a bum shoulder right now. So I asked him to bring help, mainly because I didn't know if I could have lifted it safely. I helped out and usually have no issue hand bombing them myself but I didn't think it was a good idea. Made me really think about it though, I started a new thread to ask peoples opinion on the issue.

Oh and I was drinking Sleemans. lol.

#91 9 years ago

Is this complaint real? A few bulbs won't light and so and so is a bad seller? Sounds like we have a bad buyer alert.

#92 9 years ago

Have an idea. If selling to pinsider make them post a theard that they're happy with the buy before they load it up.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I had a potential trade lined up with the OP, but this thread has changed my mind.

Threads like this make me realize I should have done things differently when I bought my first pin a couple of years ago!

#94 9 years ago

OMG. The amount of hypocrisy in this thread is amazing. How is this op at fault for buying a BRAND NEW game, getting it home, and then being unhappy with it not working. He makes a post about it and is crucified by the same guys that jumped all over JJP in the other thread, for basically the same thing. At least this op didn't make a video and post it to youtube. *Flame Suit On*

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

OMG. The amount of hypocrisy in this thread is amazing. How is this op at fault for buying a BRAND NEW game, getting it home, and then being unhappy with it not working. He makes a post about it and is crucified by the same guys that jumped all over JJP in the other thread, for basically the same thing. At least this op didn't make a video and post it to youtube. *Flame Suit On*

I actually agree with you, talk about a complete 180 from that thread. Im not surprised though.

#96 9 years ago

Because he could've handled it differently?

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

How is this op at fault for buying a BRAND NEW game, getting it home, and then being unhappy with it not working.

It was a USED game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ft-twd-pro-refinery-1-for-stle-or-woz

Quoted from juanton:

He makes a post about it and is crucified by the same guys that jumped all over JJP in the other thread, for basically the same thing.

The difference between the 2 threads is that no one from Stern tried to bite the guy's balls off on a public forum.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

My issue is that I did not know of any problems with the machine during my SHORT ownership of a BRAND NEW machine.

This is from DapperDan's reply to the op. I don't know either guy, and I'm sure DapperDan is a great guy, but you were all over JJP's ass about making the customer happy. I'm sorry, but I don't see a difference here.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

This is from DapperDan's reply to the op. I don't know either guy, and I'm sure DapperDan is a great guy, but you were all over JJP's ass about making the customer happy. I'm sorry, but I don't see a difference here.

It was brand new when Jason got it...it was HUO when OP got it...

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

Try harder and you might.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 16.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-seller-dapperdan24-jason-in-murietta/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.