Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

and I dont give a damn anyway (resized).jpg
    0e0bda (resized).jpg
    IMG_3358 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 7 years ago

Unfortunately I have to post this warning about a fellow Pinsider who decided to bone me on a deal. Be careful dealing with this guy.
    Follow the link. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1952-skill-pool-395-free-delivery-to-york-working#post-3376417

Moderator edit: Thread title edited to remove seller full name. The Pinside team believes that this is not necessarily a "bad seller" - but simply a case of a deal that didn't go through. While it is very unfortunate when a seller decides not to sell at the last minute, that does not warrant dragging someones name through the mud for all (including search engines) to see.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hadn't cliff been around this hobby for like a million years?
    I'm pretty sure dealing with him isn't a total mystery. Sometimes shit happens. "Bad seller" posts should be reserved for actual bad deals, not stuff like this, but some people just can't resist the drama.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Kinda blows but seriously what would be the point of dragging the whole thing out here?

Not primarily to shame the guy, but to warn others about dealing with him. I've been shit on for NOT outing people who I've had bad experiences with! No one wants to deal with someone who can't keep his word, or do you?

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I don't consider the "game is mine" until it is in my possession. The seller should of honored his word but I guess it isn't worth much.

I didn't consider it mine, those were his words. I expect someone to honor his word once he posts something for sale and his terms are met. So someone offered him more. Be a man about it, and tell me straight up. Don't give me a bullsh*t excuse! You're right though that his word obviously isn't worth much.
    Levi said he's been in this hobby "like for a million years". So, he should know what he has and what it's worth to him before posting an ad in at least two places. He's not ignorant like some homeowner who is about to sell a Gottlieb "Mermaid" for $100 because it's in his way.
    In that case, I can somewhat understand someone changing their mind once they find out what they have.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

f every word is absolutely true - really ain't enough to put me off of it. And we've all seen this movie a million times: if cliff comes here he will have a different side to the story.

Do you want to see the text string between Cliff and me? I've quoted exactly what he's said. Go ahead and deal with someone who can't keep his word. I get burned once, and you're gone!

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Sorry about your deal going bad, but it could have gone the other way, he brings it to you and it turns out to be a turd and you back out. Shit happpens!

I had seen the game in person before he acquired it, so I knew what it was. And, he gave a very accurate and honest description of it, plus photos. I've always honored my end of deals. I've bought turds that I've driven a long way to get, because I said I would. You make a deal, you honor it. Plain and simple. You win, you lose, but you always honor your word once you agree on a deal. It's your responsibility to make sure what you're buying is to your satisfaction, and what you're asking is what will make you happy.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

You're allowed to back out of deals last minute. It's not a deal unless you paid in full.

It's a deal when both parties agree on terms. It's finalized when funds and goods exchange hands. In my world anyway.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from 7Warpig7:

That's actually not true at all. A verbal contract is just as legally binding as a written one. Obviously someone can go to court and lie about a verbal contract much easier, but going in and saying "I changed my mind" isn't a legal defense or a moral one.

Not so easy any more with email and text messages as evidence. I surely wouldn't even consider that though. Not worth it to me. I can let it go, but I feel the need to alert others about my experience dealing with this person. I feel I'm obligated to do so, so that others can avoid potential disappointments or worse.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

Sorry for your loss thoughts and prayers. Thou shalt not cast harsh judgment on thy neighbor for ye know not the valleys he must ford.

Yeah, I guess so...

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from supermatt:

I had a verbal agreement to buy a game from a very reputable Pinside seller once. Based on his reputation, the pics, and the price I told him I would take it. We were having trouble coordinating our availability on when I could pick it up as it was about a four hour round trip for me. While we were ironing that out he got a trade offer that intrigued him. He said I was first in line but the trade was something he always wanted. I wasn't going to be a jerk so I told him it was up to him. He ended up taking the trade. I was dissapointed but a couple months later I found the same title for a little more but in excellent shape and with a few extra features the other didn't have. Sometimes these things work out for the best and I have no hard feelings.

That sounds like a totally different situation, and I'm glad it worked out for both of you.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Basic contract law states that consideration is a required component of a contract, ie payment of some kind. A verbal agreement without consideration is NOT a contract and even if it was, the next level of contract law will inform you that a court can't enforce the carrying out of the contract, it can only seek remedy. So unless there were damages to claim, the idea of court is pointless.

Yeah, you're getting into a much higher level here, which to me is ridiculous to even consider. Thanks for the input though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-seller-alert?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.