Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Donny please.gif
    image.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fumbleflippers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 9 years ago

I received an unexpected refund today for the ramp and plastics listed as SOLD in this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/parting-a-comet , Mike told me they would be shipped at the beginning of this past week. Mike obviously isn't a man of his word as he says he has now miraculously gotten the game working and has decided to keep it. Doesn't really matter if that's the truth or whether he sold it off as a complete project, but I do question why he would be trying to salvage a game he's already sold parts off of in good faith.

Bottom line: Mikeincali is a BAD SELLER!! Do not trust this guy to do what he says he will do.

PS. I'm all for a game not getting parted out, if Mike had contacted me and given me the option I would have let him back out of the deal no problem, he didn't do that though. Just refunded thru PP with no communication beforehand.

Post edited by moderator: Seller's real name removed

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Your link is a private message in your mailbox rather than a thread.
    Sorry to hear I've got a translite from him before, no complaints

Fixed, Thanks!!

#6 9 years ago

I didn't want a refund, I wanted the parts I paid for and that I was told would ship the beginning of last week. Now I am out time and even more money in having to source the parts elsewhere. What's f'd up is the fact that he didn't give me the option to let him out of the deal, he just renigged.

#12 9 years ago

Reneged, sorry!

#14 9 years ago

To summarize:

mikeincali - bad seller
    fumbleflippers - bad speller

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

I understand the disappointment, but this thread seems a bit extreme.

What's extreme about it? I was sold merchandise that I was told would ship early last week. He did not follow thru on what he said he would do. I'm letting other pinsiders know that he's not a man of his word so they know what type of professionalism to expect out of any future dealings. I'm not calling for his head on a platter.

#23 9 years ago

We had PM's, would you like to see how unprofessional he really is?

#24 9 years ago

No I'm not changing the topic, he's a bad seller IMO. You don't sell parts off a game and then decide to try and save it after the parts are paid for and you've promised to ship them!

#33 9 years ago

If he was a great seller he would have shipped my parts or at least contacted me before issuing the refund.

#35 9 years ago

Mike did the following in order.

1. Post the game up as a parts machine
    2. Took money and provided a vague shipping date for those parts
    3. Decided to try and fix the game, did so, decided to keep it.
    4. Sent a refund with no communication beforehand.

My problem is with step 3 mainly, good sellers don't take money for parts and THEN decide to try and salvage their game. At that point the game shouldn't even be considered complete because the parts have already been sold, just not shipped.

Bad seller.

#37 9 years ago

Sure, we can move on. But it's irritating to see everyone saying its a lack of communication when it's really just a lack of ethical behavior on his part.

#41 9 years ago

What is hard to understand for you?

I didn't say him giving me a refund was unethical. I said the fact that he was attempting to repair the game to keep after offering the parts, taking my money and telling me he would ship them is unethical. The parts were sold and yet he was still trying to fix it for himself to either keep or flip.

It seems a few of you are being willfully obtuse.

#51 9 years ago

How is the truth unfair? IMO he's a bad seller, just because I got my money back doesn't mean he didn't behave in an unprofessional manner, potential buyers should be warned of what to expect out of this guy. Plenty of people are coming to his defense and potential buyers will see that as well. Rommy has even gone so far as to throw up a bad buyer post for me even though we've never done any business together. If expecting the seller to hold up their end of the deal and not show their asses in PM's makes me a bad buyer then I guess I'm a bad buyer.

#55 9 years ago

So it's no big deal that he placed the items for sale, took money for said items and promised to ship, then reneged on that with no communication? I disagree with that!

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

You got your money back, what did you lose besides time? We all lose time, that's a part of pinball. This thread would be warranted if he took your money and never shipped the parts. That's actually happened a few times. In fact its happened with entire machines...
    In any case, you got your money back so it's all good. You are back in the same spot you started, which is not so bad afterall.

Arguably I'm out the money for the table, I didn't purchase it until after I had ordered the parts it needed from Mike and had his word to ship them.

#101 9 years ago

HUGE thanks!!! to Muscle_cars_only for his generous offer and thanks to all the pinsiders that have participated in this thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion even if that means they think I'm a bad buyer for posting this. I disagree with that assessment but that's only my opinion.

Ops please feel free to shut it down anytime you feel like.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fumbleflippers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-seller-alert-mikeincali?tu=fumbleflippers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.