Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Donny please.gif
    image.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#81 9 years ago

I will say I think it's shitty. He was good in refunding for sure, but once you decide to make a deal, and back out, that's going back on your word so to speak. It is a binding contract by the way as well, but that for all intents and purposes here is trivial. It’s really an honor/reputation thing all in all. I think Mike, from what I’ve seen has favorable sales.

You should have your ducks in line before putting something up. If you make a deal, you should follow through, completely agree there. I did this once with a machine, deciding I didn't want to sell it to someone that was coming to get it, I made a haste decision. I went to them though and told them my dilemma, said I would honor the deal still, and if by chance they weren’t 100% on it, I would like to keep. I did not present it either in a way that guilted them into it, and said I would totally understand with no hard feelings whatsoever if you still wanted to go ahead.

Looks like I’m in the minority, but I think if you agree to something, barring it being legitimately lost or destroyed, you should honor. Of course it sounds more noble that a machine may be being saved as a result, but that doesn’t change the agreement aspect of the deal.

#102 9 years ago

I think that is awesome of you Muscle_cars_only! I've fired off some free parts as well to people, and have received the same in return.

Quoted from tjohns14:

ok so i thought and here is my opinion. Life is to short to worry about other peoples ethics. I dont think its right what he did but shit happens. I have a very high ethic bar myself and treat people they whey i would like to be treated. With that said i think posting here about this problem is a little extreme. Emotion can lead you to the edge cool heads prevail. And once you hit the send button there is no taking it back. Or do over.

I get your good intention, but I think it is important to know the bad/semi bad/issues, as this may help others. Again, it appears the seller is for the most part good, but say on another note a really bad seller that does this all the time. If no one raises a stink, this continues to go on, and as a community, this is the type of thing where getting info out there can to good for us all. This was about as harmless of an issue that is seen, as in he got his money back right away, and was really just out "the deal", but still, I think your rep should be on the line for debate if things do go sideways, and we should hear, as the public, that again may get involved with that person in the future.

Maybe the initial response from the buyer was heated a little, whatever, it didn't get ugly, resulted in a good ending for him, and well, "information" about someone else if there were to be other problems, which doesn't look like it should be an issue.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-seller-alert-mikeincali?tu=atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.