Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Donny please.gif
    image.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 9 years ago

I received an unexpected refund today for the ramp and plastics listed as SOLD in this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/parting-a-comet , Mike told me they would be shipped at the beginning of this past week. Mike obviously isn't a man of his word as he says he has now miraculously gotten the game working and has decided to keep it. Doesn't really matter if that's the truth or whether he sold it off as a complete project, but I do question why he would be trying to salvage a game he's already sold parts off of in good faith.

Bottom line: Mikeincali is a BAD SELLER!! Do not trust this guy to do what he says he will do.

PS. I'm all for a game not getting parted out, if Mike had contacted me and given me the option I would have let him back out of the deal no problem, he didn't do that though. Just refunded thru PP with no communication beforehand.

Post edited by moderator: Seller's real name removed

#2 9 years ago

Your link is a private message in your mailbox rather than a thread.
    Edit: actually I never bought anything from him

#3 9 years ago

At least you got your money back

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Your link is a private message in your mailbox rather than a thread.
    Sorry to hear I've got a translite from him before, no complaints

Fixed, Thanks!!

#5 9 years ago

Sorry you had problems Richard. You are a damn good dude and have gone above and beyond for me.

Glad you got your refund.

#6 9 years ago

I didn't want a refund, I wanted the parts I paid for and that I was told would ship the beginning of last week. Now I am out time and even more money in having to source the parts elsewhere. What's f'd up is the fact that he didn't give me the option to let him out of the deal, he just renigged.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Now I am out time and even more money in having to source the parts elsewhere. What's f'd up is the fact that he didn't give me the option to let him out of the deal, he just renigged.

I dont know, stuff happens.

In my opinion he should have contacted everyone and told them that he got the pin working and was no longer going to part it out and then promptly refunded you. To me the lack of communication is the only thing he did wrong. I wont blame someone for keeping an entire working game complete instead of parting it out. I understand you and others are upset you didn't get your parts, but he didn't rip you off other than a week of time. Its not his fault you may have to pay more for the parts elsewhere. As far as giving you the option it doesn't sound like there was one. He gets a pin working but because he said he was going to part it out, oh well, gotta chop it up?

#10 9 years ago

At least he just didn't 'disappear' and take your money too.

#11 9 years ago

I have bought 5 machines and a buncha parts from Mike.
    I haven't had any issues. He's even held machines for me for weeks until I can pick them up.
    Dunno about this issue here, but my personal experiences have been good.

#12 9 years ago

Reneged, sorry!

#14 9 years ago

To summarize:

mikeincali - bad seller
    fumbleflippers - bad speller

#15 9 years ago

I dunno I've dealt with mike some times and always found he was a fantastic bloke to deal with. I guess everyone has a bad day once in a while

#16 9 years ago

I understand the disappointment, but this thread seems a bit extreme.

#17 9 years ago

I wouldn't say he was a bad seller but he does have to communicate better.

#18 9 years ago

Shouldn't a guy be given a bit of a break before throwing him to the fire? I'm guessing this is your first transaction with him and he refunded your money, I need to see more negative stories from other buyers before labeling him a bad seller. So his communication wasn't the best, a bad seller wouldn't give an immediate refund. I think you should take a breath and think on this.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

I understand the disappointment, but this thread seems a bit extreme.

What's extreme about it? I was sold merchandise that I was told would ship early last week. He did not follow thru on what he said he would do. I'm letting other pinsiders know that he's not a man of his word so they know what type of professionalism to expect out of any future dealings. I'm not calling for his head on a platter.

#20 9 years ago

I know Mike, and he sells a ton of pins for fair prices (they all move fast, just look at his sales threads). He rescues a lot of pins that need work, and fixes them up.

I get that you're frustrated, maybe there was a better way to handle the communication, I dunno, but if a game can be restored instead of being parted out that's pretty much always a good thing.

You got your money back, and while yes, you "lost a week", we're talking about hunting down used ramps. If you're not buying new from a distributor you kinda just have to take the journey. Things happen.

I dunno, you're calling him out as a bad seller, posting his full name, it feels like an overreaction to me.

#21 9 years ago

Totally not cool post!

#22 9 years ago

Maybe change the topic too... Not perfect seller?

#23 9 years ago

We had PM's, would you like to see how unprofessional he really is?

#24 9 years ago

No I'm not changing the topic, he's a bad seller IMO. You don't sell parts off a game and then decide to try and save it after the parts are paid for and you've promised to ship them!

#25 9 years ago

How bout ummm... Bad transaction alert?

#26 9 years ago

He refunded your money promptly.
    Let it go.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

He refunded your money promptly.
    Let it go.

It is lame you didn't get your stuff you wanted. My guess is, in a week or two done of this will matter.

#28 9 years ago

I have bought from Mike a couple times and don't have anything bad to say about him. I personally think calling him out over this is crap. I agree in a perfect world you would have recieved your parts and they would have been perfect and you would have been so happy...... Now back to the real world, you didn't get the parts but you got your money back. Save these posts for a douchebag that never sends your parts and keeps your money!!!

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from indy5mike:

Save these posts for a douchebag that never sends your parts and keeps your money!!!

Yeah . . . like for Mad Amusements!!!

#30 9 years ago

I have bought many shooter rods from Mike and he is a stand up guy! Great seller. I asked him once to make me a Tron shooter rod of a lightcycle. I didn't like the mounting so I emailed him and asked him if I could trade it for an Xmen shooter rod instead. He told me it was his first attempt at the Tron rod and just to keep it and maybe it would grow on me and he would send me an Xmen shooter free of charge because I was disappointed with the Tron one. So he let me keep the Tron shooter and sent me an Xmen one too. I'll never forget that, one of the best sellers I've dealt with. I will buy from Mike again. GREAT SELLER!!!

#31 9 years ago

What's extreme about it? I was sold merchandise that I was told would ship early last week. He did not follow thru on what he said he would do. I'm letting other pinsiders know that he's not a man of his word so they know what type of professionalism to expect out of any future dealings. I'm not calling for his head on a platter.

You're dragging a guy's name through the mud, using his full real name in the thread title. You put the one post in the Comet part out thread, which seemed fine, but also posting this makes me never want to do business with you. It's bad form. If he ran off with your money, I'd feel differently.

Edit - I see that the full name was removed from the thread title. That's a little better.

#32 9 years ago

This is going the way of the recent Marco thread. Some people are high strung. No money lost is not a crisis.

#33 9 years ago

If he was a great seller he would have shipped my parts or at least contacted me before issuing the refund.

#34 9 years ago

Sounds like he's a decent guy. Only one person has anything bad to say about him, while everyone else has commented that he's a good guy. If anything, this post had told me that he's a good seller. I'd buy from him in the future!

Disappointing for the OP? Sure
    A bad seller? From what I've read, not at all

#35 9 years ago

Mike did the following in order.

1. Post the game up as a parts machine
    2. Took money and provided a vague shipping date for those parts
    3. Decided to try and fix the game, did so, decided to keep it.
    4. Sent a refund with no communication beforehand.

My problem is with step 3 mainly, good sellers don't take money for parts and THEN decide to try and salvage their game. At that point the game shouldn't even be considered complete because the parts have already been sold, just not shipped.

Bad seller.

#36 9 years ago

Fine. Can we now move on?

#37 9 years ago

Sure, we can move on. But it's irritating to see everyone saying its a lack of communication when it's really just a lack of ethical behavior on his part.

#38 9 years ago

he refunded you = no sale, so "bad seller" seems at least inaccurate to me.

#39 9 years ago

Another example as to why people don't sell stuff on pinside.

#40 9 years ago

cos giving you a full refund is a lack of ethical behaviour? right yeah mmmkay.

#41 9 years ago

What is hard to understand for you?

I didn't say him giving me a refund was unethical. I said the fact that he was attempting to repair the game to keep after offering the parts, taking my money and telling me he would ship them is unethical. The parts were sold and yet he was still trying to fix it for himself to either keep or flip.

It seems a few of you are being willfully obtuse.

#42 9 years ago

It seems a few of you are being willfully obtuse.

Add me to the obtuse list of pinsiders. You should know when to quit.

#43 9 years ago

Threads like this give the great big public internet information on both parties. Be careful what you wish for.

#44 9 years ago

Mikeincali is not a bad seller, he just jumped the gun in this case.
    Could someone be called a bad buyer though? Let it go....

#45 9 years ago

OP I am glad we get to know who you are. We have a list for people like you

#46 9 years ago

Would really be nice if you'd change the title of this thread, it is unfair to mikeincali and doesn't bode well for karma. You got a refund, you lost a week. In the grand scheme of things you came out unhurt financially and delayed otherwise.

#47 9 years ago

I didn't want a refund, I wanted the parts I paid for and that I was told would ship the beginning of last week. Now I am out time and even more money in having to source the parts elsewhere. What's f'd up is the fact that he didn't give me the option to let him out of the deal, he just renigged.

holy crap you got your money back and you start up a cry thread over it. Of course he didn't give you the option. He decided to keep the parts. Why should he sell them to you anyway and have to go find others, which must be extremely hard since you're so bent up over it. If anything, it sounds like you're the one not to deal with.

If he was a great seller he would have shipped my parts or at least contacted me before issuing the refund.

Why should he contact you first? Who would give a crap what you had to say at that point? The transaction was over and you go a refund. No one need to hear your cry fest first. Geez lol unbelievable.

#48 9 years ago

This kind of post gives pinsiders a bad rep

#49 9 years ago

I received an unexpected refund today for the ramp and plastics listed as SOLD in this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/parting-a-comet , Mike told me they would be shipped at the beginning of this past week. Mike obviously isn't a man of his word as he says he has now miraculously gotten the game working and has decided to keep it. Doesn't really matter if that's the truth or whether he sold it off as a complete project, but I do question why he would be trying to salvage a game he's already sold parts off of in good faith.
    Bottom line: Mikeincali is a BAD SELLER!! Do not trust this guy to do what he says he will do.
    PS. I'm all for a game not getting parted out, if Mike had contacted me and given me the option I would have let him back out of the deal no problem, he didn't do that though. Just refunded thru PP with no communication beforehand.
    Post edited by moderator: Seller's real name removed

Now that you have brought this issue to this forum and that the forum has responded, I think you have an obligation to read the responses carefully and try to see the bigger picture. I haven't given you one, but how many thumbs-downs you've received for your opening post should be telling in this process.

All I see is that a pin has ended up being resurrected for the enjoyment of the future generations.

While I agree with you that the seller could/should have communicated with you better than he has, I wouldn't call him a "bad seller" because of his of lacking communication skills. I think this is grossly unfair, and that such an epithet should be reserved only for a real fraudster. He's given you your money back, hasn't he?

#50 9 years ago

Mike did the following in order.
    1. Post the game up as a parts machine
    2. Took money and provided a vague shipping date for those parts
    3. Decided to try and fix the game, did so, decided to keep it.
    4. Sent a refund with no communication beforehand.
    My problem is with step 3 mainly, good sellers don't take money for parts and THEN decide to try and salvage their game. At that point the game shouldn't even be considered complete because the parts have already been sold, just not shipped.
    Bad seller.

I agree with you that #3 is a problem and makes him a bad seller for this transaction. Most of these people here saying" you got your money back, let it go...no big deal, he is good seller" are double standard talking. You can bet if they found a pinball machine, sent a deposit or paid full and the seller changed mind and sent refund they would be steaming here!!!!!! The fact it did not happen to them makes them sugar coat the situation! This seller entered into a fully binding and legal contract...then broke it without rightful cause.At a minimum you should have been contacted for permission to terminate.

I would never do business with this seller.....why? Having a deal yanked from under you is unfair...can be a little stressful, for sure time consuming and wasteful. Knowing in advance this seller could possibly do this to me means "Red Flag! Stay away.

Good luck with finding your parts elsewhere!

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-seller-alert-mikeincali and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.