20170207_211802 (resized).jpg
20170207_211843 (resized).jpg
20170207_211903 (resized).jpg
20170207_211928 (resized).jpg
20170207_212109 (resized).jpg
20170207_212138 (resized).jpg
20170207_212146 (resized).jpg
20170207_212334 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

That sucks hope you get something back. I have rule not to pay big $ for any game with out seeing game in person.

Totally agree there. Like others have said, not assigning blame toward the buyer but for me it works better to see the game in person. I still get surprises but at least I know it's my fault for not looking hard enough.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Correction - HUO is not total bullshit.
.... Sellers that lie and say a game is HUO when it's not >>>> definitely total bullshit.
So the correct way to state it is: There are more sellers lying about HUO these days.

I think HUO was a term for when you found a bargain from somebody who kept a pin in their house for years. It was dirty but once cleaned was perfect.

It really shouldn't be a seller's term. A person could buy a new game years ago, play it but not take care of it. It may have flipper button wear, broken slings plastics, and playfield wear from not being waxed but it would still be HUO.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I think this is something that robin needs to look at. Since the site is now a job and not a hobby, some precautions should be taken.
There have been multiple pinsiders in this thread saying that they have had a problem with misrepresentation by this seller. So any ads that he post on pinside should have a banner on it stating that there have been multiple issues with the seller and that research should be done prior to a transaction. If we can have the additional ads in post, why not a warning (something like the banner stating its a new pinsider)

I think that's what feedback on a purchase within pinside is for.

I'm not questioning any of these disgruntled buyers opinions of the seller but you can't have people just now state that something was wrong with their purchase. It needs to be an accurate record at the time of purchase and since feedback is relatively new for pinside it will take awhile to build up that history. A good habit when purchasing is to look up a seller's forum activity to get an idea of a person's character.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

It's difficult to have an accurate representation of everything this seller has sold, because it looks like most of the time he uses Pinside to advertise the machine, then pulls it off and sells it on the side. This keeps Pinside from getting their small % (which is bullshit), and it also prevents the buyer from being able to share their experience.

There should be some penalty for doing this too often.

Maybe first couple times a warning but after third time you get banned from the marketplace for 6 months.

I was also checking how the feedback works on the one purchase I did within pinside. It's curious how there's only seller feedback, no feedback on how the buyer was from the seller. Also I wonder if there shouldn't be some machine history where you can track where the machine has been within the pinside community.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 45.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-seller-alert-gorf?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.