20170207_211843 (resized).jpg
20170207_211903 (resized).jpg
20170207_211928 (resized).jpg
20170207_212109 (resized).jpg
20170207_212138 (resized).jpg
20170207_212146 (resized).jpg
20170207_212334 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 7 years ago

I have been a collector for many years. This will be the first time and I hope last time I have to make a post like this. I guess when your around long enough these things happen. However it still sucks. My point to this is to spare someone else from going through this with this seller.

I bought this T3 from Gorf. The ad is here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/44040

During our communication I asked if the game were huo. Does it have any flipper button wear? Does it have any broken plastics or playfield wear? He responded the game is perfect. It does not have wear on the cabinet or anywhere. It's in excellent condition. I saw a few pics. The pics seem to back that up. I ask him again to verify no wear or surprises. He responds that it's perfect. I buy the game. The game shows up today. On first glance I can tell it's not huo. I take off the half moon protectors to see extreme wear that someone tried to paint black with spray paint. A couple of plastics are dinged, the game is dirty. The backbox lock is gone. There is wear around the legs. I emailed Jason telling him this game is a routed example. It is not a huo excellent shape game. I asked him what he was willing to do to make this right. I sent him a pic of the spray painted button wear. His response was that is he paid more for the game from someone else. He isn't willing to make this right in anyway. I pointed out to him that just because someone sold you a routed game as huo. That doesn't give you the right to misrepresent the game to get your money back. I told him I would leave negative feedback if he isn't willing to work something out. He doesn't seem to see the wrong in this. He has 3 games for sale right now. All listed as huo. I would look very hard at that claim. Hopefully this saves someone else from dissapppintment.
Before the pinside mafia jumps on me, I got to relaxed from dealing with other pinsiders. I should have asked for more pictures and looked at the game harder. I shouldn't have taken his word for some of these things. Lesson learned. If anyone wants a routed t3 with a color dmd please pm me. It will be for sale.

Thank
Mike

#2 7 years ago

This is going to become more and more a problem as everyone now expects games to be HUO, which is very very unlikely.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is going to become more and more a problem as everyone now expects games to be HUO, which is very very unlikely.

Well when the seller represents the game as HUO, then yeah you expect it to be HUO.

#4 7 years ago

I find it interesting that the ad says not sold and the listing was closed. Sounds like pinside was the venue used to sell the game but no fees paid.

#5 7 years ago

Dealt with him once and it was not the best experience as well. I would avoid in the future.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Well when the seller represents the game as HUO, then yeah you expect it to be HUO.

No, no you really shouldn't, that's the problem.

EDIT: As the buyer says himself he should have got more pics etc. We all know HUO is total bullshit these days.

#7 7 years ago

Sounds like this guy got burned when he originally bought the game and just wanted to get his money back at the expense of someone else. That is some BS.

Of course, there are always 2 sides of the story. @gorf?

#8 7 years ago

In the ad it clearly says it is HUO. Shame on the seller if that isn't true.

#9 7 years ago

How did you pay for the machine?

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

In the ad it clearly says it is HUO. Shame on the seller if that isn't true.

Absolutely shame and bullshit if it's true. Sitting back and just ASSuming someone that's taking a large sum of monies from you will be totally truthful is not a bright idea...again, as the buyer himself would attest to.

#11 7 years ago

To be clear HUO should never ever be confused with condition. I am not excusing what may or may not have happened, just wish that we would stop using or caring about this term.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I ask him again to verify no wear or surprises. He responds that it's perfect.

This

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

To be clear HUO should never ever be confused with condition. I am not excusing what may or may not have happened, just wish that we would stop using or caring about this term.

Man people just LOVE saying this for some reason (I guess it makes you sound like you've been around a while?) but I've owned about 6 or 7 HUO games ranging from Captain Fantastic to Iron Man over the past 15 years and you can be damn sure I've always been able to tell the difference.

Sure, there's probably some HUO games out there that ain't so nice but I've never seen em - they seem to only exist in the anecdotal tales of weary pinsiders. Condition should usually be reflected in an HUO description ESPECIALLY on a late model game like T3.

#14 7 years ago

3500 is real money for a t3. Shame.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man people just LOVE saying this for some reason but I've owned about 6 or 7 HUO games ranging from Captain Fantastic to Iron Man and you can be damn sure I've always been able to tell the difference.
Sure, there's probably some HUO games out there that ain't so nice but I've never seen em. Condition should usually be reflected in an HUO description ESPECIALLY on a late model game like T3.

Happy to hear you have had success with using this term! Personally, I will continue to use pictures to determine condition and not rely on a loaded, definitely relative, rarely documented term like HUO.

Also, I don't cast blame on buyer here, it's a painful lesson to learn

#16 7 years ago

That sucks hope you get something back. I have rule not to pay big $ for any game with out seeing game in person.

#17 7 years ago

nocreditdot make sure you leave him negative feedback.

132 ads, 2 sales

#18 7 years ago

8655109 (resized).jpg8655109 (resized).jpg

#19 7 years ago

Just remember this, Gorf spelled backwards if FROG!!!

#20 7 years ago

That particular individual has a well earned bad reputation in N. Ca. Sorry Op.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

That sucks hope you get something back. I have rule not to pay big $ for any game with out seeing game in person.

Totally agree there. Like others have said, not assigning blame toward the buyer but for me it works better to see the game in person. I still get surprises but at least I know it's my fault for not looking hard enough.

#22 7 years ago

Sorry this happened. Nobody in the local community has been willing to deal with him for quite awhile now.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Dealt with him once and it was not the best experience as well. I would avoid in the future.

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Quoted from Pinballrus:

Sorry this happened. Nobody in the local community has been willing to deal with him for quite awhile now.

Quoted from nocreditdot:

He responds that it's perfect. I buy the game. The game shows up today. On first glance I can tell it's not huo. I take off the half moon protectors to see extreme wear that someone tried to paint black with spray paint.

Sounds like this guy is a class act. Thanks for the heads up everyone.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We all know HUO is total bullshit these days.

Correction - HUO is not total bullshit.
.... Sellers that lie and say a game is HUO when it's not >>>> definitely total bullshit.

So the correct way to state it is: There are more sellers lying about HUO these days.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

So the correct way to state it is: There are more sellers lying about HUO these days.

Actually, defining what "HUO" REALLY means is way more difficult than you'd think; if you'd ever been involved in any of the many many threads aboot it.

That might be a better way to state it. But then there's no swearing, so fuck that.

#26 7 years ago

Gorf will never sell another machine on Pinside.

#27 7 years ago

It's too bad he's already been tagged as a bad seller in the local community but no red or even yellow flags to warn buyers of that on pinside.

#28 7 years ago

One of the biggest problems are people misrepresenting a game as HUO because it was home use only from previous buyer for as long as they owned it. Meaning it was bought from a who knows and then in a home for XXX amount of years and later sold as home use only. I've bought over many, many pins since getting into the hobby in 1999 and heard this dozens of times.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

One of the biggest problems are people misrepresenting a game as HUO because it was home use only from previous buyer for as long as they owned it. Meaning it was bought from a who knows and then in a home for XXX amount of years and later sold as home use only. I've bought over many, many pins since getting into the hobby in 1999 and heard this dozens of times.

My STTNG has been HOU since 2001 . I love sellers like that.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

.... Sellers that lie and say a game is HUO when it's not >>>> definitely total bullshit.

I think HUO was a term for when you found a bargain from somebody who kept a pin in their house for years. It was dirty but once cleaned was perfect.

It really shouldn't be a seller's term. A person could buy a new game years ago, play it but not take care of it. It may have flipper button wear, broken slings plastics, and playfield wear from not being waxed but it would still be HUO.

#31 7 years ago

Just because a machine is HUO doesn't mean it will not have nicks on the cabinet, and sure doesn't mean that it will not have any playfield wear. It should only mean that it should have less plays than a moderately routed game.

HUO doesn't guarantee mint condition.

#32 7 years ago

It's sad anyone would pay $3,500 for that turd of a game. Maybe the ping pongs are huo?

#33 7 years ago

Example..You bring your beloved pinball machine to an Expo for all to play (thank you),the machine is no longer HUO.
-Mike

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's too bad he's already been tagged as a bad seller in the local community but no red or even yellow flags to warn buyers of that on pinside.

My issue was that he sold me a "HUO" game that had a flasher issue and the wire to that flasher had been taken off of the board. I was a newbie and did not look in the back box at the time of purchase. I got it all fixed up and the game was in good condition but it rubbed me the wrong way. It would have been one thing if the flasher didn't work but it bothered me that it had been specifically taken off the board and it was a bad transistor so it wasn't like the wire had magically come loose.

Not enough to start a thread on pinside. I didn't have large issues like the op did but I decided it was the last transaction with him for me.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No, no you really shouldn't, that's the problem.
EDIT: As the buyer says himself he should have got more pics etc. We all know HUO is total bullshit these days.

id shy away from the HUO term when selling. unless i have documented history, and checked the machine over entirely.

#36 7 years ago

I think this is something that robin needs to look at. Since the site is now a job and not a hobby, some precautions should be taken.

There have been multiple pinsiders in this thread saying that they have had a problem with misrepresentation by this seller. So any ads that he post on pinside should have a banner on it stating that there have been multiple issues with the seller and that research should be done prior to a transaction. If we can have the additional ads in post, why not a warning (something like the banner stating its a new pinsider)

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I think this is something that robin needs to look at. Since the site is now a job and not a hobby, some precautions should be taken.
There have been multiple pinsiders in this thread saying that they have had a problem with misrepresentation by this seller. So any ads that he post on pinside should have a banner on it stating that there have been multiple issues with the seller and that research should be done prior to a transaction. If we can have the additional ads in post, why not a warning (something like the banner stating its a new pinsider)

I think that's what feedback on a purchase within pinside is for.

I'm not questioning any of these disgruntled buyers opinions of the seller but you can't have people just now state that something was wrong with their purchase. It needs to be an accurate record at the time of purchase and since feedback is relatively new for pinside it will take awhile to build up that history. A good habit when purchasing is to look up a seller's forum activity to get an idea of a person's character.

#38 7 years ago

It's difficult to have an accurate representation of everything this seller has sold, because it looks like most of the time he uses Pinside to advertise the machine, then pulls it off and sells it on the side. This keeps Pinside from getting their small % (which is bullshit), and it also prevents the buyer from being able to share their experience.

#39 7 years ago

Nocreditdot is a straight shooter, I've dealt with him twice. Hope you get some positive resolution to this.
James

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

It's difficult to have an accurate representation of everything this seller has sold, because it looks like most of the time he uses Pinside to advertise the machine, then pulls it off and sells it on the side. This keeps Pinside from getting their small % (which is bullshit), and it also prevents the buyer from being able to share their experience.

There should be some penalty for doing this too often.

Maybe first couple times a warning but after third time you get banned from the marketplace for 6 months.

I was also checking how the feedback works on the one purchase I did within pinside. It's curious how there's only seller feedback, no feedback on how the buyer was from the seller. Also I wonder if there shouldn't be some machine history where you can track where the machine has been within the pinside community.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I find it interesting that the ad says not sold and the listing was closed. Sounds like pinside was the venue used to sell the game but no fees paid.

None of the games he has listed have been "sold". They are either "not sold" or "decided to keep". Only slightly suspicious....

#42 7 years ago

Sneaky,you can't leave feedback then.
No registered sale.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

None of the games he has listed have been "sold". They are either "not sold" or "decided to keep". Only slightly suspicious....

Not really suspicious when you see they're mostly a collection of small over priced games that never sold. Unless he has more than 1 (or 1) HUO Pinball Magics laying around

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Gorf will never sell another machine on Pinside.

Of course not! He will call everything not sold so he doesn't have to pay Pinside their cut.

#45 7 years ago

I suggest that EVERYONE start sending Gorf multiple PMs to inquire about every game he has for sale.

With 500 people online at any given time, we could legitimately send him 1500 pms. Would be down right difficult for him to even filter to see if there was a legitimate interest buyer...

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I second this. Have heard nothing but bad things. His pins being overpriced and not as clean as he claims seems to be the norm. And I recall him making a shitty impression when I called to inquire on one a few years back.

This kind of stuff pisses me off because often times it's necessary to do long-distance deals in order to get a particular pin and long-standing members of Pinside and the pinball community are supposed to be the ones you can trust. I know that most are good and trustworthy, but I also know that some are not. Best to get a few references b4 sending payment, just to be safe.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

$3500 for T3 was the warning.

sorry buyer, i hope it works out..!

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Nocreditdot is a straight shooter, I've dealt with him twice. Hope you get some positive resolution to this.
James

Thanks James and thanks for the kind words from everyone. I have made a bunch of deals on pinside through the years. All of them to this point were with good people. I just wanted to bring this guy to everyone's attention which we have. I don't think the guy will do anything to make it right. he hasnt responded to my last email. At least this should finish his sales on pinside.

Mike

#49 7 years ago

Pinside should issue a temporary ban for the false advertising and for being a cheapskate who skirted around their very reasonable sales fee, and also flag the remaining ads. Meanwhile, the buyer should definitely leave seller feedback on Gorf's profile page. I checked it and surprisingly someone else here was happy with an alleged HUO transaction with him in the past.

Sheesh, their post ratio / reputation is barely over 52%, they must be a real treat to deal with.

#50 7 years ago

I never bought or sold with him, but i inquired on his pins a couple of times. Everytime he would not budge from his list price (which was always over market value), he contacted me a few times to buy my games, always with the lowest of lowball offers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-seller-alert-gorf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.